CamRail 2012

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

And the missing few. The only other layout which got a lot of mot photographic attention was the undoubtedly eclectic Portpyn which is built to the slightly unusual size of 1:34 scale running on 16.5 mm gauge track thus representing 2ft gauge. And complete with delayed action Hornby/Bachmann style couplings (rather clever they are). All in all a simple but very attractive little layout.

post-6859-0-93841600-1342900926_thumb.jpg

post-6859-0-37136300-1342900955_thumb.jpg

post-6859-0-96721100-1342900989_thumb.jpg

post-6859-0-45342700-1342901022_thumb.jpg

Finally an overall view of the hall with - left foreground - the one that almost got away in the shape of 'Barnwood Junction' and its modern traction at near left while one or two other bits and pieces escaped the camera because of access problems, i.e. the show was doing well (and deservedly so as it really is a smashing little show - just up the road from the station and plenty in the interesting little town to keep herself occupied while I looked at the trains and nattered with various folk). I would be inclined to recommend it most highly but that might mean fewer of Cap'n Kernow's top notch and well filled sarnies to go round and even more people going through the excellently stocked bookstall (where MRJ 216 was on sale, hot off the press). But it's 2 day show so Sunday might be an attractive day for a visit as it's one of those venues which always seems to offer far more than the small size of the hall would suggest is possible.

post-6859-0-06614200-1342901584_thumb.jpg

What a fabulous show, probably the friendliest one in the calendar, and certainly the one in the prettiest of towns. I didn't take too many pics, but what I did can be seen here.

post-6681-0-38956300-1342939501_thumb.jpg

I turn my head on Polbrock for just a second and look what happens, an O gauge pannier tank appears! Camrail 2012. I know that OO is too narrow, but this is just taking the ....;)

post-6681-0-73526500-1342939656_thumb.jpg

"Oh yes, suits you Sir!" or "you can have anything, as long as it's yellow"

IMG_0026.jpg

Simon's usual excellent small event at Bradford-on-Avon and these were spotted having fun at the show - Bob, Steph and Dave. My photo of Tim Maddocks is not fit for a family audience.

The weather did not prevent us from having a great day out - lunch at the riverside pub next door plus a drive through glorious countryside in lovely sunshine. SWMBO is still in a mood and is looking forward to my suffering from not wearing a hat.

Tim

• RMweb Gold

I turn my head on Polbrock for just a second and look what happens, an O gauge pannier tank appears! Camrail 2012. I know that OO is too narrow, but this is just taking the .... ;)

Er, it was actually a Gauge 1 pannier, and it was a real beaut! (owned by Steve 'Cookie' Cook).

Great to see you, Chris, and thanks again for bringing the layout with you. The casual aplomb with which you lobbed it on to your shoulder to leave was quite a talking point afterwards!

Caught up with various other RMWebbers as well, including Mike (Stationmaster), Tim Hale (yes, I did have shorts on, on the Sunday!) and others.

I'll post my photos soon.

Archived