Dapol Q1 0-6-0 tender loco New Run

oreamnos

I haven't seen anyone comment on this yet, but my apologies if I've missed it.

I saw on the Rails of Sheffield website tonight that Dapol will have a new release of Q1 locos. Rails is taking pre-orders but there is no firm date set for the release.

The new models will be:

ND207A BR Black #33005 Late Crest

ND207B BR Black #33011 Early Emblem

ND207C Southern Black livery #C1

ND207D Southern Black livery #C7

Screen capture from the Rails website is attached:

post-4367-0-59552100-1339217176_thumb.jpg

I developed an interest in Bulleid's prototype after the first run of Dapol's model had sold out, and given some of the bad press I'd seen about QC issues with the first run I was not willing to buy one second hand, particularly as I live in California and can't try before I buy. So I am really quite thrilled to see this model is going to have a second run.

This makes me wonder about whether the other early Dapol models like the 14xx and M7 will get second runs.

Matt

This makes me wonder about whether the other early Dapol models like the 14xx and M7 will get second runs.

Matt

I doubt if reruns would be practicable without a substantial redesign, as these 2 models in particular were very cheap and nasty in comparison with later models, in my opinion.

The Q1 was one of the first attempts to produce a better standard by Dapol. Apart from the first batch, which had very wide wheels, it was a very nice model and is definitely worthy of a rerun.

Hi chaps,

The Q1 is in fact the 4th run of his model we have produced. However we have redesigned the tender to accept the "super creep" motor from our now standard specification.

As for the 14xx? Well there have been runs of this almost every year since introduction with small changes made along the way including darkened wheels and NEM coupling pockets.

The M7 has seen 3 runs if I remember correctly. But as its before my time I'm not totally aux fait with the changes if any were done during the runs for this model.

Both I'd like to revisit sometime incorporating some of the things we have learned this last few years.

Cheers

Dave

Archived