Lenz Silver Glitch

John K

I have a couple of Lenz silver decoders which behave rather oddly.

With all of my other decoders (Lenz, Zimo, ESU, TCS) if a loco loses power while running due to poor pick-up, it will start again after a finger poke.

Two of my locos with Silver decoders will not respond to a finger poke unless I also change the throttle setting. This is a mild pain because one needs to do two things to fix a small glitch rather than one.

I have tried a full reset on the decoders and they still behave the same way. Is this a characteristic of a particular batch of decoders, or is there a way of programming this out of them?

Best,

John K

• RMweb Gold

I've got 7 locos with Lenz Silvers plus the same number with Silver21+ decoders and none of these exhibit this trait. I'd suggest emailing Anthony Ellis at A & H Models (Lenz UK agent) and see if he knows about this problem. You may need to tell him which firmware level is on these decoders. This can found by displaying the contents of CV 128. If your decoders are the later Silver+ ones then the firmware can be updated to the current level.

Thanks for that. They are firmware V1

Having posted here over the weekend I did have it in mind to contact A&H later in the week.

Best,

John K

That sounds very old, when did you buy these decoders. I did have a few problems with Lenz Silver+ decoders with firmware versions earlier than 10, all mine have been upgraded to version 12 and now seem to be problem free.

Archived