16mm Narrow Gauge in the garden

ASHPAN7

Im in my fourth year in completing my 16mm narrow gauge railway of part of the Festiniog Railway in North Wales. I have based my line on the two halts at Tanygrisiau and Dduallt which incorporates the famous spiral that gains in height to pass over itself. My intentions were to create has near to the prototype that is practically possible in the garden and that meant detail. The placement of trees, the inclination of rock beds and outcrops, scaled ballast of the same rock type, drysone walls and fencing, signing and signalling, bridges and buildings etc etc etc.

Now... most of the work has been carried out and has produced something I didnt believe was possible a protypical model in the garden of scale and proportions, that looks like the real thing.

My topic is " An eye for detail or just madness!!

The latest accomplishment was the completion of Rhoslyn cottage. A typical slate quarrymans cottage that is a common site in North Wales. The cottage is situated alongside the track at Dduallt halt which is midway between Portmadog and Blaenau Festiniog. The detail of this model is a complete interior. that includes panelled doors, wallpaper, lighting, brass bedsteads,bed linen, bedside tables and lamps, beamed ceilings staircase and banister. Inglenook fireplace with illumninated fire in grate with the addition of smoke generator to chimney top. The exterior speaks for itself as the photo illustrates. It is my intention to relay sound as I have aquired a welsh costumed lady playing a harp and a disc of this fine strung instrument.

A welsh lady and her beloved pet cat

post-8077-12611343793398_thumb.jpg

Im in my fourth year in completing my 16mm narrow gauge railway of part of the Festiniog Railway in North Wales. I have based my line on the two halts at Tanygrisiau and Dduallt which incorporates the famous spiral that gains in height to pass over itself. My intentions were to create has near to the prototype that is practically possible in the garden and that meant detail. The placement of trees, the inclination of rock beds and outcrops, scaled ballast of the same rock type, drysone walls and fencing, signing and signalling, bridges and buildings etc etc etc.

Now... most of the work has been carried out and has produced something I didnt believe was possible a protypical model in the garden of scale and proportions, that looks like the real thing.

My topic is " An eye for detail or just madness!!

Photo's PLEASE!!

Phil T.

Archived