EWS 'Beastie'

Can anyone kindly assist with which yellow is used for the background square of the EWS Beastie logo? I refer specifically to the large stickers as applied to Class 60 bodysides.

The photographs below would suggest to me that the standard EWS gold/yellow is not quite right, but rather the shade used on the lower bodyside lining of both Class 66s in the photos looks to be a closer match? Or perhaps the shade used is different altogether?

Being colourblind myself seriously doesn't help, so any assistance would be most appreciated... Thanks in advance...

6964831546_25b7cc1b3a_h.jpg

4565945221_aa050d25bd_o.jpg

Are you not sure it's EWS yellow/gold. Remember in the forts pic on thread the 66 in the background has they EWS yellow sprayed over the EWS which does dull it down a little.

Just my thoughts,

Mark

Are you not sure it's EWS yellow/gold. Remember in the forts pic on thread the 66 in the background has they EWS yellow sprayed over the EWS which does dull it down a little.

Just my thoughts,

Mark

I am really not sure. I am also comparing Hornby's version of the EWS 'Beastie' logo on their model of 60014 and it looks remarkably close to Hornby's EWS gold/yellow, which lead me to believe that maybe the logo does utilise the same shade... However, then comparing to Bachmann's rendition of EWS gold/yellow which is totally different again being far more dull in appearance, while Hornby's shade of EWS yellow seems quite bright? :unsure:

However, then comparing to Bachmann's rendition of EWS gold/yellow which is totally different again being far more dull in appearance, while Hornby's shade of EWS yellow seems quite bright? :unsure:

I've never been convinced by the shade used by Hornby for the gold band. The real thing is nothing like warning panel yellow, being almost like a desert sand colour.

The EWS patch logo is definitely a bright yellow, I'm planning to use warning panel yellow on my 60s when I do some in that livery

jo

I've never been convinced by the shade used by Hornby for the gold band. The real thing is nothing like warning panel yellow, being almost like a desert sand colour.

Agreed, Hornby's shade definitely looks far too bright.

Archived