Building a 'Princess Royal' pacific in 4mm

I think I have sorted the pics.

The boiler needs cleaning with a fiber brush and I checked the boiler again and it's not bowed or miss shaped it must be the camera.

I have used a comet tender with Gibson wheels and I will be doing a bit more on Sunday because I've been asked to work on Sunday at Daisyfield.

post-12366-0-13198500-1514552260_thumb.jpg

post-12366-0-68942600-1514552348_thumb.jpg

post-12366-0-77628800-1514552360_thumb.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Looks alright from here. The colour of the brass is a nice contrast with the nickel-silver. How will you be tackling the bottom of the boiler/firebox join?The important thing is that you get there in the end.

Hi Ivan hope all is well.

I will be thinking of it might be milliput I use it's easy than trying to form it.

It looks weird with most of the loco as n/s and tender and boiler brass.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a set of those etches myself.

I’m tempted to just wing it and knock up the sub assemblies anyway now.

They can always rest in a box until I figure out what I’m going to do for a boiler and firebox I suppose!

• RMweb Premium

Drawings are provided with the etch (in this case largely derived from those in the Wild Swan book), these are CAD drawings printed to scale and show all the components - just as you get in all our kits. No instructions as such with most of our "etches only" production, remember that these grew out of a demand for more when I sold off some spare etches done for my own use. I'm quite happy to offer assistance if needed - just ask on here or Email me.

Ta Iven this should give you some inspiration to start yours buddy.

I'll be doing the Brassmasters one first, and cribbing bits (including a full set of leftover motion) and techniques from it to use on The Edge. Already have a boiler rolled; firebox is next.

Thanks Michael.

Most of it looks like it can be put together without major drama but I’ll contact you if I do require any guidance.

Sometimes it just nice to have an opinion from someone else before you commit.

Dave.

Drawings are provided with the etch (in this case largely derived from those in the Wild Swan book), these are CAD drawings printed to scale and show all the components - just as you get in all our kits. No instructions as such with most of our "etches only" production, remember that these grew out of a demand for more when I sold off some spare etches done for my own use. I'm quite happy to offer assistance if needed - just ask on here or Email me.

I have Mikes phone number on speed dial.

Mark running for the hills

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dose anyone know if anyone has decided to produce the castings for the Princess Royal Casting yet?

You could always ask Brassmasters. Even if their Princess kit sold out long ago, the castings should still be available as spares - just ask them to quote you for a set.