LMS 3F Jinty plan/drawings (1924)

Debs.

I`m beginning the scratchbuilding of an LMS-era Jinty, two of which were allocated to Birkenhead in 1926....I plan on making either the North British built (No. 7124) or the Hunslet; (No. 7135); both were of 1924 construction.

I`m seeking a dimensioned general-arrangement drawing/plan of any 1924 built N.B or Hunslet 3F. (there were 13 constructed of the former, and 14 of the latter)......although which were the differences twixt the two works` versions, I don`t yet know. :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

......drawings wouldn`t have to be to scale, I can work from dims and work up into 7mm./Ft.

I have only some contemporaneous, Birkenhead 3F photographs to work with at the present, but a G.A/plan/drawing would really give me a push onwards!

Hoping some kind-bod may help........so, many thanks in advance.

Debs.

I`m beginning the scratchbuilding of an LMS-era Jinty, two of which were allocated to Birkenhead in 1926....I plan on making either the North British built (No. 7124) or the Hunslet; (No. 7135); both were of 1924 construction.

I`m seeking a dimensioned general-arrangement drawing/plan of any 1924 built N.B or Hunslet 3F. (there were 13 constructed of the former, and 14 of the latter)......although which were the differences twixt the two works` versions, I don`t yet know. :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

......drawings wouldn`t have to be to scale, I can work from dims and work up into 7mm./Ft.

I have only some contemporaneous, Birkenhead 3F photographs to work with at the present, but a G.A/plan/drawing would really give me a push onwards!

Hoping some kind-bod may help........so, many thanks in advance.

Debs.

There is a set of General arrangement and detailed drawings in "LMS Locomotive profiles No 14. - The standard class 3 Freight tank engines". Wild Swan publications 2010. Scaling them up or down is simple on a photocopier.

Archived