Dapol Mk3 HST Intercity Swallow Livery Coaches SO

Vonzack

Hi,

I've had a pre-order with Hattons for some Dapol Mk3 HST Intercity Swallow Livery TS coaches (ND-063A and ND-063B) for well over a year to run with my bookset. Today I received an email saying that the ordered had been cancelled from production.

Does anybody know what's going on with these coaches or for that matter the First / Buffet / TGS versions ????

At the moment, the purchase of the bookset was a huge waste of money and source of pain for me. I seriously question buying Dapol, unless you can get everything you need at the same time. People just can't wait forever for Dapol to fulfill their production promises.

Cheers.

Yes I agree that this is extremely annoying & frustrating - being only left with the booklet does not make for a realistic train. I also fitted mine with an expensive sound decoder in anticipation of being able to have a reasonable length train to run. It is very disappointing that again we find that Dapol makes promises that it doesn't deliver on. Bryan.

Hi,

The 2 old InterCity Executive coaches (ND-064A and ND-064B) were cancelled today as well. There is one Executive coach on the way to replace them, I believe; I saw one at the NGS AGM and it has been mentioned on Dapol's Facebook page as being a June release, though it hasn't arrived yet.

Perhaps there is a single Swallow liveried coach on the way as well? Although if I remember correctly, some Swallow HST Mk3s were released before the bookset. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

I've rather taken things into my own hands as regards the Mk3s from Dapol - I took a knife to the bookset ones and also to 2 loco hauled Swallow coaches, so that my Exec set has 4 correctly branded coaches currently. Perhaps modifying and rebranding coaches might be a good option? Or there's always eBay....

In terms of the buffets, they are imminent and I've seen some samples of these. The TGS coaches have not been mentioned at all yet and there are no TFO releases marked down (in Exec livery, at least, although I'd happily modify a Swallow one again, if the paint colours match reasonably well!).

maybe an idea to wait a few days until the new catalogue is released. Might be a simple case of new product numbers right the way through to total cancellation. As the catalogue is meant to container all releases for the next 18 months you should have a lot clearer picture on what is happening.

• RMweb Gold

I ordered a bookset of FGW HST from the Signal Box at the time they were released. Had an email some time after to say they were out of stock but would be getting some more.

Thats some months ago and cant find the order number in my emails now to chase them on it.

Sounds just aswell that I haven't been charged or sent it as the intermediate coaches just arent available anywhere.

No great loss as it would have had only limited use on Banbury.

Ian

Archived