If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Another lurker turned member

Blacque Jacque

Hi folks,

I'll try to avoid making this sound like an introduction at an AA meeting :)

I've been lurking for quite some time, but only signed up yesterday as a full member.

My name is Russ & I live & grew up near Ely, Cambs. Inevtiably I'm influenced by the local rail scene both current & historical.

I've been modelling on & off since I was a kid (like many of you I'm sure), Airfix, Hornby, RC, planes trains & automobiles etc etc. As a former instrument maker I've been able to make good use of my engineering skills to make my own machined parts too. I love to kitbash & occasionally scratchbuild.

I don't have a layout of my own, all my work is intended for my Dad's layout ( because he has much more space :blum: ), although I do fancy a small exhibition type layout, 8 x 2 or some such.

My main areas of interest are 4mm BR diesel traction ( from the days of green & black to the glorious technicolour we have now), plus infrastructure (yellow things, track plant etc). I've done several RTR conversions & built a couple of brass kits. Control-wise, we're heavily into DCC with a Lenz 100 based system supplemented by a pc & Traincontroller plus several other pieces of hardware & software.

I have several things W.I.P but I'll detail those in a separate post.

Well, that's me.

I hope I can give a little back to repay some of what I've taken from this forum already.

Cheers, Russ.

Rum clientèle eh ? I'm rather partial to a nice drop of rum.

Thanks all for the welcome, I look forward to bumping into you again on my travels here.

(btw, I heartily approve of your taste in music Physicsman ;) )

• RMweb Premium

Hi there Russ and welcome aboard - sorry my welcome is belated as I'm still recovering from Member's day which was a fabulous event, which comes into the classification of not to be missed. See you there sometime?

Archived