Aldi special Offers 08 Jul 12

Happy Hippo

Cheers - picked one up this morning. Just as an aside though, the accessory pack does not contain any drill bits (So now need to find some of those!).

For anyone contemplating heavier engineering (baseboards etc), they also have a Circular Saw with laser guide for £29.99. They were flying out of the Lewes branch this morning.

They were flying out of the Lewes branch this morning.

That could be a serious problem, unidentified flying circular saws, keep your heads on.

Regarding the Dremmel look-alike perhaps there was a reason why there was no drill bits - given the recent thread on Dremmel replacement. This sounds like a cheap Chinese import to me, but still useful for buffing and abrading.

Cheers for that link - I've got a 80's Black & Decker Minidrill/Dremel thing which I picked up earlier this year for a solitary pound from Hailsham market. It's excellent and came with a few drill bits (but little else) - but doesn't have variable speed control (hence why I picked this up at the weekend).

Kenton: One of the pictures on the box shows the 'wire brush discs' being used to clean the wheels of what looks like an Austrian 'Crocodile' loco. Tickling a crocodile with wire brushes, or dodging fying circular saws - it's not an easy choice!

Archived