Class 73 Number 73142 At Bognor Regis

Willy

I have acquired some very nice photos of class 73 number 73142 in pristine condition at Bognor Regis. The loco is carrying a “Venice Simplon Orient Express†headboard and on the back of the photos it gives the date as 17/08/82. It also says that it has come from London Bridge and is hauling VSOE Pullmans for BBC filming! There is a nameplate on the loco along with 2 shields but, because of the angle, I cannot read it and not being familiar with the 73s, I have no idea what it says.

I assume it was for some TV play or the like but I have no idea so can anyone fill in the details for me.

Thank you

Willy

Oops, I did indeed mis-type the number so thanks for pointing it out.

I have tried a search engine but to no avail so perhaps I am not asking the right question!

Willy

• RMweb Premium

The BBC filmed a version of Murder on the Orient Express at Bognor around about that time, 73142 and the VSOE stock turned up and some of the signs were changed to Folkestone Harbour!! I never saw the resultant production though.

The BBC filmed a version of Murder on the Orient Express at Bognor around about that time, 73142 and the VSOE stock turned up and some of the signs were changed to Folkestone Harbour!! I never saw the resultant production though.

My step-son is a signalman in Bognor box and he sent the photos on to me asking if I knew what it was all about. I didn't know but I was confident there would be a man here who did know so thank you John, I can now pass that on.

Willy

Archived