Nobby (John)

• RMweb Premium

If you and George can do DCC and LED's, then anyone can...... :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick

All because those two have had a go does not mean we all should. :nono:

There are big differences between can do, need to or want to. :rtfm:

Mind you, I wonder if Nobby could enlighten me on the LED layout lighting, cos it was mentioned in relation to a layout we are working on down da club.  :dontknow:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick

Absolutely Clive.

I did say "anyone", not "everyone"....... :locomotive:   

And in a further leap forward in progress, Towcester has electrically operated points (albeit not in the fiddle yards or DCC controlled.............yet) :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Hi Mick

Mind you, I wonder if Nobby could enlighten me on the LED layout lighting, cos it was mentioned in relation to a layout we are working on down da club.  :dontknow:

Hi Clive

LED strip lights from Maplin, give a nice warm white light, lightweight and long lasting.

J

Hello 

We give off a nice warm glow as well especially after a good curry..

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello 

We give off a nice warm glow as well especially after a good curry..

Cheers

George

As long as that's all you give off!  :stinker:

Hello

Lights for the layout now fitted and working as well as the sign board completed. All the road vehicles have had drivers fitted, weathered and tax discs added. I set of wing mirrors to be fitted to a small truck. Two more wagons kits built, a Sturgeon with cranes which is finished and a 13T open which requires painting and a 12T pipe wagon which will be finished tomorrow. Also finished detailing a pair of Class 20s , they just need weathering as does the Cl 108 unit. Then all we have left to finish are a rake of Esso tanks and that is all the rolling stock finished for the time being although there will be other items in the future. Happy New Year.

Cheers

George 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In between keeping Grandson amused ( or is it the other way round ) managed to knock up the control panel for Towcester.

Still needs one more point switch and 3 x signal switches to be added.

That looks complicated..........................

The control panel on my toaster only has one slider and one knob....

post-408-0-86695300-1388880859.png

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes, but who is the knob...............

Considering the way he operated on Blackmill's last outing - my elder brother....... :jester:

He's not on RMWeb, so I've nothing to worry about.

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

Don't you worry your pretty little heads about me, I will be fine. Thanks to the inestimable Kevin Dickerson Towcester is now a fully DCC layout. A bit more wok to do it but we are now pretty well ready to go to Stafford in 4 weeks time.

Cheers

George 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks like they are cheating Mick ! Frog juicer and new wood - not in the spirit of wrecrail gang .

Mike b

New wood, frog juicer, DCC - whatever next? Sound?

Looks like George has taken a giant leap from the 19th to 21st Century in one go

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford