RMweb

Towcester

Nobby (John)

Hello

Alex, it is at Railex NE at North Shields in August and at Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow next February so not too far from you then. Look forward to seeing you.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Nobby tries in vain to buy four copies of Rail Express |(don't ask!) but WH Smith on York station is already sold out.

post-408-0-30314700-1398002165.jpg

And just to make him even grumpier, Chelsea lost at football and the steam special that he went to see at York was cancelled...

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Nobby tries in vain to buy four copies of Rail Express |(don't ask!) but WH Smith on York station is already sold out.

attachicon.gifnobby 3.jpg

And just to make him even grumpier, Chelsea lost at football and the steam special that he went to see at York was cancelled...

Cheers,

Mick

So a fun time for all :no:

• Like 1

Hello

Still got copies in my local newsagents but hurry as they are going fast. Hope you are all having a good time.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Have no fear, we sent one of the NB team to Edinburgh in the front seat of this (and I do mean front seat)

post-408-0-06040300-1398117822_thumb.jpg

Whereupon, several copies of RE were purchased and safely stored for the journey back to York

post-408-0-71734000-1398117779.jpg

After packing up NB, there was some suspicious activity on the carpark

post-408-0-05499200-1398119533_thumb.jpg

And all was revealed.

post-408-0-78196300-1398119536_thumb.jpg

Nobby is now at least one third happier than he was yesterday.

Cheers,

mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

The magazine got a cab-ride instead if me!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi just for the record i would do the same if article was in an other publications ie BRM / Railway Modeler / Model Rail etc

I have no conection with Railexpress other than a happy reader... but contributions to beer / curry fund would be nice from Railexpress...hand them over at DEMU Show at Burton on New Bryford stand

G

(thirty years since i was a paper delivery boy!!! .....voyager quicker than a push bike!)

:stinker: 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hello

Towcester now has a completely sound chipped fleet on it. We have also acquired a  blue  Bachmann Cl40, a blue Bachmann Class 101 and a Blue/grey inspection saloon. All of these have been renumbered, weathered, (in the case of the Class 40 a total respray as well), plus a lot of detail added. The inspection saloon needs the interior doing as well but it will have to wait a little while. The layout recently travelled to  Rail-ex North East where it seemed to be well received. Its next outing will be in February at the Warners show at Doncaster followed later that month by Model Rail Glasgow.. We look forward to seeing any of you there.

Cheers

George  

• RMweb Premium

I will make sure the welcoming committee is in place for your arrival . I better lay on some extra security as well . I don't like you wandering around unsupervised !

Mike b

Security isn't required - just carers................

Cheers,

Mick

Mick ,

It is when you mix the layout crew from towcester with a certain person from Maaaaaarket Arboro that causes stress for me . We try to keep them as far apart as possible at Glasgow but , like magnets , them seem to attract and can be hard to separate back to their relevant areas . Throw the ' Shawplan Gang ' into the mix and well .......

I do of course look forward to seeing them all and fencing in as appropriate !

Cheers

Mike b

Hello

Sadly Mark we don't share the top of the bill spot with any-one. Our adoring fans just wouldn't accept it. Sorry only a bit of old mans fantasy, we would be happy to be next to you. Not sure about Dis-appeared of Market Handjob but if we have to slum it we will. See you in the New Year.

Cheers

George

Mike, Andy and I were just talking about this the other day and thought it would be good to have us all together with Newlands so you can control is all in one area better!

Cheers

Mark

Greeting from Amsterdam.

I think we need a Yes/No vote on this, a referendum on the matter would be as exciting as the other current issue taking place.

Hello

As long as it is only tulips he brings back from Amsterjam it'll be OK.

Cheers

George

• 2 months later...

Hello

Because you know you really  want to Mick

Cheers

George