Hornby class 60 60099 tata silver now in shops

english electric

• 2 weeks later...

It looks very nice, I wished they'd brought out the Corus one as it's a bit brighter but that is one of the latest repaints on the Class.

Have they done anything with the couplers ?

Does your's still lock over and derail the wagon ?

I have collected quite a few 60's but that issue has put's me off buying any more...

I picked mine up last week from a model shop in north Devon when we were on hoilday. Very nice model but yes 125 pound is getting a little out of my price range.

£125 is a fairly reasonble price compared to the £149.99 at Modelzone.

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/model-railways/locomotives/Hornby-db-schenker-co-co-diesel-electric-tata-steel-class-60.html

(For those of us who live in Zones 1 and 2.)

Modelzone is great for limited editions and discounted items as they're often really cheap. But I'd never go and buy a new release from them as you'd be looking at RRP. Far better to wait and pick one up at a show etc at a discount price.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask how you get past this mass of glue to get lights in the cab. All my 60s seem to have a mass of glue holding the cabs in place.

Instead of trying to get the cabs off why don't you try n drill just a small hole which could even hold the bulb in place!! You can make a hole at the back just below the roof.

£125 for arguably the best RTR diesel model is still cheap. Go and try modelling anything European and you will see what I mean. The only quality that gets near this is US outline and they are knocking on this sort of price for the high end models now. You also need to take into account that US production runs are MUCH bigger.

£125 for arguably the best RTR diesel model is still cheap. Go and try modelling anything European and you will see what I mean. The only quality that gets near this is US outline and they are knocking on this sort of price for the high end models now. You also need to take into account that US production runs are MUCH bigger.

Quite true!! European models mostly start off at 175 quid or more! I was shocked to learn that one of the Arnold models was 210 quid while Dapol's locos could be bought at 85 in a mint condition. Roco's model locos start at 200= Euros for a base line model and the pris jus keeps rising for DCC fitted and then Sound fitted

• 1 month later...

Archived