headcode from a computer

I want to make headcodes for my Bachmann split box class 45.

Im looking at 'dot' Z 89 and probably 2B 00.

Can anyone recomend a font and size? Presumably I would need to form a table cell to fit each headcode box and insert the numbers?

Thanks.

Jon,

A million thank yous'....

The font is spot on. I used 16 point normal for the loco. All I've to do now is clean off the glasses and pop them back in.

I am one happy bunny :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Regards,

Mark

Thats quick work! They look good too. I did a few sets for various friends 0 gauge Heljan Class 47's and Hymeks but nothing in 4mm scale. I expect it's perfectly do-able in 2mm too!

Glad to have been a help.

JF

Hi,

What is the original font name please.

I think it's a home made one. I got it from someone on UKTrainsim many years ago (when I was addicted to Trainsim...thankfully a period of my life now over! :scared: :O )

I can't upload it here as the system wont allow it! :nono:

JF

Jon,

There's no stopping me now :no:

I used 14 point font for the Class 22. I cut the paper top n bottom as close to the numbers as possible but made them a little wider.

This allowed me to 'fold' the headcodes into the corners which holds them in place a stops any light pollution around the sides....

This is more exciting way to spend a Saturday afternoon than the bl***y Olympics :declare: :declare:

post-8027-0-66067200-1344090360_thumb.jpg

Jon,

There's no stopping me now :no:

I used 14 point font for the Class 22. I cut the paper top n bottom as close to the numbers as possible but made them a little wider.

This allowed me to 'fold' the headcodes into the corners which holds them in place a stops any light pollution around the sides....

This is more exciting way to spend a Saturday afternoon than the bl***y Olympics :declare: :declare:

It should also be possible to print onto either clear or white crafty computer paper to make a waterslide transfer too! I use that method occasionally to make stencil route indicators for signals. Print it backwards then stick it to the back of the "glass".

JF

Jon,

I'm on a roll......

Although I model mainly W.R. 1970's I can have ScR if I fancy a change. I wanted an 'odd-ball' or two and came across this picture of D1975 with reverse headcode blinds on the Class 47 website (a fab site for info, pictures and modelling ideas)

Although it was a ScR loco I can have it on both, there were regular Troopex specials from Troon and Ayr to Okehampton and thats how my 1975 came to the W.R.

I had to draw the dividing lines on with a black marker pen but I think the result is quite reasonable.

Thanks again for the font.... just 20 more locos to do !!

Regards,

Mark

post-8027-0-19026800-1344178986.jpg

post-8027-0-72121200-1344178995.jpg

Archived