Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Eurostar rescue

With all the current talk of the AM73's failing, I thought i'd go ahead and try a few photos of some of my own stock rescuing a failed set. First up is a Bachmann GE 45 ton switcher in Sherbourne Valley Transportation colours:

post-6819-12614370659106_thumb.jpg

Anyone care to join in...?

• RMweb Gold

With all the current talk of the AM73's failing, I thought i'd go ahead and try a few photos of some of my own stock rescuing a failed set. First up is a Bachmann GE 45 ton switcher in Sherbourne Valley Transportation colours:

post-6819-12614370659106_thumb.jpg

Anyone care to join in...?

Very good - but can't wait until the YVT electric loco gets its turn! When I found the article in the Jan Model Railroader, I thought - ah, there's an RMWebber who would be interested here - then realised it was you! Well done!

Trust you not to be caught with your pant(ograph)s down !! That YVT loco looks neat. Is it a kit, scratchbuilt or a conversion? It quite interests me.

Dennis

As Ian mentions above, there is an article about it in the Jan 2010 Model Railroader. It's a bit of a kitbash using a Cannonball Car shops Steeplecab kit on a Bachmann 44 tonner chassis, plus a few extra details.

• RMweb Gold

Here you go....:

post-6819-12614903065731_thumb.jpg

Lovely! Unless someone uses Stephenson's Rocket, I think you've now got two good candidates for the "least likely rescuer" award! I was delighted to read that you've actually had time at the controls of the real 298 - that must make modelling it all the more special.

Lovely! Unless someone uses Stephenson's Rocket, I think you've now got two good candidates for the "least likely rescuer" award! I was delighted to read that you've actually had time at the controls of the real 298 - that must make modelling it all the more special.

I haven't got a HO scale Rocket or a 4mm Eurostar, so i'll leave that to someone else...

Didn't know that was the latest one. Our Smiffs still has the 10 great model Railroads issue on their shelf. Thanks for the information, anyway.

Dennis

I believe Smiffs only have one Model Railroader-type publication on their shelves at any one time, so if there's a "How to" or GMR out the monthly issue is put back a bit. Hopefully it'll be on the shelves over here soon, I got my issue by Airmail a month ago...

Archived