Oldham Rd junction with Grey Mare Lane, Newton Heath, Manchester

muddys-blues

Hello people, is there any Mancunians or people who can remember the road junction of Oldham Road A62 and Grey Mare Lane A6010 (now Alan Turing Way) Newton Heath. I am trying to find out the name of a Household goods and Clothing Cash and Carry that was situated on the area of that junction in the very late 1980's - early 1990's.

It was a new build type of Industrial Unit with cladded roof section, and the bottom part of the building was made up of a long shop frontage of windows, I think it's brand colours were predominantly red with some green or black on the signage, something keeps telling me the name was something like "Mojo", but if anyone can remember or confirm what the details where I would be very grateful.

I have Googled and Googled but to know avail.

Best regards

Craig.

Craig,

Do you mean on the estate between the Railway,Oldham Road and Hulme Hall Lane

I've sent your question to a friend with the 'Newton Heath' historical group so here's hoping !

Was that the one on the left hand side as you were coming up Oldham Rd, just before the (demolished) Playhouse at Miles Platting? The street previous on the left being Collyhurst St (pub on the corner, the White Hart), the building would have backed onto the Tilcon(?) plant at MP?

Archived