The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Aircraft Built by Brush?

edcayton

• RMweb Gold

It was something of a shock to be asked to "just step on the scales" after we had paid, but before we could get on the plane! Two of us had cause to be embarrassed by this and, yes, they positioned us strategically. Good thing there were only five in our party 'cos we weighed as much as six normals.

Ed

Yes, and they unload from the pilot backwards to stop her nose hitting the ground....

I've also had a rapide flight from Old Warden.....jolly good show old boy...tally ho!

I was in the Library Friday morning and they had the Journal of the Shuttleworth Collection, in which was a lengthly article about piloting Dragons, mainly Australian ones. Had I read this article previously I might not have been so keen to fly!

The main thrust of the article was that if one of the engines failed then the only way you were headed was down, fairly quickly if you had anything like a full load on board; and that the foel systems for the two engines were independent, so you could not transfer fuel to the one working engine.

It also said that whilst flying parallel to a motorway into a head wind, the traffic was overtaking the plane!

Ed

Archived