Mrs Biggs

Guest 838rapid

Guest 838rapid

I am looking forward to seeing this drama,but the steam loco sounds doesn't inspire much hope in it being 100% accurate.

Time will tell no doubt we shall see.

Lets be honest it wont be the first time T.V producers have got it wrong.

• RMweb Gold

I think I've also seen a clip which could be of a Class 40 (English Electric Type 4, as it was then) which would at least be accurate...

However, I am very disappointed at another drama which will only glorify the "exploits" of these thugs, who let us remind ourselves, attacked a driver doing his job, who never worked again, dying a few years later.

Guest 838rapid

I agree Titan.

Do we need yet more films to be made on this terrible crime,which lets be fair it was.

Are the producers/program makers that desperate to make more glorification of crime to fill our channels.

As you have also spotted,yes it does seem to have a full yellow front on the 40.

Another error in this "have to watch" program.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 838rapid

It seems to be East Lancs Railway based.

There are a few modern things slipped through,most noticable was the halogen security light on the house next door and the travelodge sign at Blackpool.

There is a proper colour class 40 involved D335.

Looks like the robbery will be next week.

I just hope that they don't glorify it and spoil ht has been a interesting first part,it seems very much basedon Mrs Biggs which is good.

Archived