Downloading pictures from Camera to PC..

250BOB

Hi Guys,

I have a question for some experts in this field.

I download my pictures to my PC without any problem, but before forwarding them on, I use Irfanview to resize the ones I want to forward. It takes 30/40 secs to go through the process of re sizing a picture, but when you want to do 30 or 40 pictures....it takes forever.

Is there any other way of downloading the pictures at a size that is already suitable for forwarding.?

Thanks..............Bob

• RMweb Gold

You can only download at the actual size. What I then do is to right click on a picture I want to forward and select "send to" and "mail recipient". It then resizes for email and you can select at what resolution. For multiple pictures, you can right click more than one whilst holding down the control key so that you get all the pictures in one email. You can also copy the resized pictures off the email if you want to do something else with them (eg upload to photobucket).

BTW I'm using Windows 7 so I'm not sure how this works for other versions.

Hey thanks RFS...that worked fine.

I'm on XP by the way.

When you are highlighting the pics you want to attach......I can do a group of pics no problem, but it wont then let me add more pics to the same email. Seems I have one shot at it. So if I was trying to attach random pics in my file, I would have to send them one at a time.??

Bob

Bob,

30-40 seconds means either a slow PC or a VERY big image, mine take < 2seconds to resize.

Make sure your PC isn't doing anything else whilst resizing.

Hi Dave,

Its the rigmarol that you have to go through to arrange the re size with Irfanview that takes the time....the actual re size moment is pretty instant.

Cheers Bob.

Use batch conversion - once you've configured the settings you can reuse them ...

Ahhhhhh.....never seen that before, although never looked. Will give that a whirl right now and let you know shortly.

Bob

• RMweb Gold

Hey thanks RFS...that worked fine.

I'm on XP by the way.

When you are highlighting the pics you want to attach......I can do a group of pics no problem, but it wont then let me add more pics to the same email. Seems I have one shot at it. So if I was trying to attach random pics in my file, I would have to send them one at a time.??

Bob

When I need to do some pictures from more than one location I usually copy all the ones I want to a temp directory and then compress them from there.

• RMweb Gold

When I need to do some pictures from more than one location I usually copy all the ones I want to a temp directory and then compress them from there.

Irfanview will compress and copy in one operation - as hopefully Bob has discovered

Archived