Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Creedyford

treggyman

Looking great Bill.

You only have a few weeks to go to the show.

See you there.

Hi Richard

No pressure then !!!!!!

Did a bit more yesterday PM.....Will try & post some pictures later.....

First wheelchair ramps to make.....

Cheers Bill

Hi All

Well a bit more progress......

On Saturday on my way round getting the Horse/chicken feed & pasties I took my camera.....

As the feed supplier is on a trading/industrial estate I thought I might get a photo or two to use in the backscene.....

The problem with backscenes is to try to get a 3D effect with 2D pictures.....

What I try to do is to take pictures with front & one side elevation showing plus some of the roof.....Then overlap this with a building with the other side elevation showing.....

If you put a building on your layout,depending where you are looking from  as you move you can see the front & both sides & quite often some of the roof.....

So by adding various different buildings that 'blend' together with different elevations showing it is possible to fool the eye into the 3D effect.....

Not quite sure I've got it quite right yet but we'll see(certainly not the Crownhill Terrace bit but that is explained why above)

Any way a couple of pics to show progress....They didn't come out as well as I'd hoped but hopefully you'll get the idea.....

First the Crownhill Terrace area looking to the left towards the coal merchants....

post-7844-0-39913200-1404767025_thumb.jpg

Next the housebacks.....These will be replaced as they should be brick.....But no brick round here!!!!

post-7844-0-16160700-1404767150_thumb.jpg

A couple of the coal merchants....

post-7844-0-84275100-1404767301_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-40457100-1404767325_thumb.jpg

I shall put a tree or similar over the obvious join & if I can make a suitable sign replace the Cornish rather than Devonian company sign......

& a couple of trees in front of the 'join' that showed in a previous post....

post-7844-0-39439900-1404767463_thumb.jpg

Finally a picture of the lane joining the road.....I shall redo the background as it has come out too light & draws attention to itself rather than blending in......

post-7844-0-28632900-1404767778_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I shall get time to finish the backscene off then it's more detail & an intensive play (test)....

Cheers Bill

• Like 4

Hi All

Sorted out the final piece of the backscene.....The short piece between the bridge & the corner at the Exeter end.....

Before.....

post-7844-0-69557600-1404853205_thumb.jpg

& after from the same angle.....

post-7844-0-06648300-1404853271_thumb.jpg

& a couple more general pictures......

post-7844-0-74709700-1404853369_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-95663000-1404853393_thumb.jpg

I searched for ages for a suitable picture to no avail, then looking at the pictures I took from my trip a couple of years ago I came across this picture....

post-7844-0-02764700-1404853645_thumb.jpg

I then flipped it horizontally ,printed them both & joined the two pictures together rail side together....Glued to the backscene & hey presto......Not perfect but I'm pleased with the end result....(I must try & hide the radio masts) ( & remove the thin blue line just above the track bed)

Also had a good go at getting my Ratio Van B to run properly.....

First I got the iffy bogie level & square......

Ran it in the Barnstaple to Exeter direction.....No problem.....

Ran it in the other direction & first derailed on one point.....Rewheeled it ....sorted.....Then tried it over the crossover the other way & it derailed again.....Seemed to be a rail joint problem...Re jigged the joint & now seems to have solved the problem....

Shame really as the wheels supplied are a nice representation but if they don't work they're no good.....Probably my trackwork but hey ho......

Anyway a reasonably successful day even though I didn't have as much time as I would have liked....

Cheers Bill

• Like 7

Tis nice to see the back scenes being done Bill, I look forward to seeing them in person at some point :sungum: 

Cheers, Reece

Hi Reece

Thanks for the above.....

I shall be at Hayle at the end of August    So see you then I expect.

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill

Your backscene is looking very good know you have put those pictures there.

Hi Ray

Thanks for the above comment......

Frightening how much printer ink I've used.....The printer's just run out of two colours....

See you in a couple of weeks at Barnstaple show....

Cheers Bill

Hi All

A bit more done over the last couple of days.....

Repainted the lighting pelmet & the front of the baseboards black .

The trouble with using matt black emulsion is that it seems to go white if it rubs against anything.

So to counteract this I've given it a coat of varnish to protect it.....Hopefully it will work...We'll soon see!!!!

Also made up some station lights for the platforms.....

post-7844-0-95329600-1405281296_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-38217300-1405281320_thumb.jpg

& fixed a nameboard on the signal box

post-7844-0-81283000-1405281447_thumb.jpg

That's all for now

Cheers Bill

• Like 7

Hi All

The few moments I've had this weekend have mainly been taken up with wheel cleaning & intensive running......

No problems even with the couple of items of stock that didn't behave at Helston.....

Tidied up the sky  backscene with the addition of clouds.....Variations of the blue colour......

One or two areas to touch up paint wise & I need to fix down the coal hopper in the coal yard......

A few more loco wheels to clean then on Friday pack it into the Landrover for it's trip to Barnstaple.......

See you there....

Cheers Bill

• Like 3

Hi Bill,

it was good to see Creedyford at Barnstaple, I had hoped for something a bit special and was not disappointed.

You have really captured the LSWR heritage very well, the backscene and the curves at each end work nicely.

well done!

cheers

Hi Bill,

it was good to see Creedyford at Barnstaple, I had hoped for something a bit special and was not disappointed.

You have really captured the LSWR heritage very well, the backscene and the curves at each end work nicely.

well done!

cheers

Hi Rivercider

Thanks for the above.....Really appreciate it...

It was good to meet you & have a chat.....

I'm glad you liked the layout as it is always a worry that when you've seen pictures the real thing doesn't live up to expectations....

Thanks again & hope to catch up with you again sometime....

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

Hi Bill, nice to catch up on Saturday.

Good job as always.

Cheers

Hi Damien

Ditto....Good to see you & the rest of the Treneglos crew again.....

Just a shame I was on my own most of the time as I would have liked to spend more time in front of Treneglos just watching the trains go by......

See you again sometime soon I hope

Cheers Bill

HI Bill

Hope you enjoyed the show and Creedyford behaved itself. I will see at Hayle in August.

Hi Ray

Certainly did enjoy it.....And the punters seemed to as well......

Look forward to seeing you at the Hayle show in August.....Not long now

Cheers Bill