APTIS Ticket Collection

Bon Accord

Gents,

Whilst moving some boxes today I came cross a shoebox full of old BR tickets (mostly APTIS credit card style) going back a couple of decades. After a casual look through them I noticed quite a few were of different colours, design etc (Charters, Seasons etc) and I seem to recall from some years back that some chap devoted a website to the various version of said tickets, together with an explanation of each.

I'd tried google to find this site but without success, can anyone help?

• RMweb Gold

The point about APTIS tickets is that they are/were printed while you wait, i.e. the machine has/had hoppers full of blanks and applied the necessary print to them before issue. In that respect it is/was a cheap system to run, in comparison with the Edmondson card tickets which preceded it, where you needed printed stock for all your popular sales, as well as a range of "blank cards" for all those one-off journeys that everyone takes once in a while. You know, the chap who wants to go from Erith (Kent) to Dovey Junction.

As you might infer from my combined tenses above, I have no idea what sort of tickets are issued now, but do recall sticking Edmondson cards in an NCR21 cash register to add a price nearly 50 years ago!

Archived