Steam at Swindon

Linners

Okay, so Dapol didn't have the class 122 at TINGS. But now Dave is pomising something BIG at Swindon! In view of the O-gauge announcements this could be something for the larger scale, perhaps an EP.

As I still have my birthday money to spend, I am hoping for something in N-gauage (a Class 122 would still be a dream come true - but it's all gone very quiet).

Anyhow, Swindon is the first model show I am able to attend and I now have the incentive to drop by Dapol's stand!

Mod3 - Title edited to refect what Dave did say.

Nope, what i actually said was, and i copy and paste the quote "Now for Swindon 'Steam' event this weekend, where we shall be unveiling something rather nice".

cheers

Dave :locomotive:

Sorry Dave - I appear to be putting words in your mouth! As for your original comment, I am now hoping that it could be something for N-gauge.

Wow Dave - I just have to figure out how to explain the mysterious arrival of more Dapol stock in the post when we've just had a baby! Difficult to get away with! ;) Looking forward to the 122 - the 121 is superb. Also can't wait for the 57xx and the Western... and then there's the class 22 as well! Hopefully my new daughter will get me something nice for Christmas! ;)

No problem, and as for the class 122's.......not quiet at all, 4 fully finished production samples were on display at the TINGS show this last weekend (regional Railways, Blue /Grey, Green with whiskers, and departmental Blue). :locomotive:

cheers

Dave

Thanks for confirming the news about the 122 - I have not been able to get to many shows, so I missed the Dapol stand at TINGS. I did not mean to sound as though as I was being critical, the electronic media has meant we are often spoiled for news regarding new products and releases and that I had not read anything about the 122 until your catalogue launch.

However, can I say that I am eagerly anticipating the release of said model (and others that have been proposed)and look forward to coming to your stand at Swindon on the weekend.

• RMweb Gold

Nope, what i actually said was, and i copy and paste the quote "Now for Swindon 'Steam' event this weekend, where we shall be unveiling something rather nice".

cheers

Dave :locomotive:

Ah, so perhaps this coming Saturday I shall be finding out if it is (or isn't) connected in some way or other with Steam's recent hint that we shall be hearing of 'something special' from them. I wonder if it might be the 'star' of the show (well there's no harm in thinking positively is there?).

Archived