Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

RMweb, Hello!

JonHGB

Evening, all!

My name is Jon, and I'm a model-aholic.

Well...

I started off with Airfix tanks/planes and got bored...Then I got into rail travel as a means to stay connected to family and friends, and discovered a liking for the metal kingdom...

When I bought a Lima class 50 (Invincible, if you must know) and a Hornby and a LimaMk2, an oval of track and a controller, things got out of hand...

I've since accrued a Limby 59 (001), three Yeoman PGAs, a Heljan 33(116), three Seacows (How can you have a Crompton and no ballast hoppers?) five Mainline Mk1s, a Bachmann RES Super-BeeGee and a BG (now Blue/Grey) a Hornby CAR 20t Brake van (In RFD/LUL livery) two Airfix 31s,a Lima 31 body, a rotten Hornby 31, a 466, four Presflos, a Bachmann 20t slab sided Brake, Bachmanns' beautiful 08721(Starlet) a Parkside Dundas 20T van, an ex-LNER Blue Spot Insulfish, an ex-LMS dia.2097 fruit van, a VEA and a Clam.

Oh, yeah, and 20 Lima class 47s and a Class 20.

In nine months, I might add!

Problem is, I've nowhere to run them, I've no DCC and I've little time. So, in between weathering and airbrushing, I'm setting out on a venture to create a stretch of scenicked p/way on which to showcase and run the vast array of BR D&E's I own. And absolutely no kettles!

So, hi, guys and gals!

Jon.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jon and welcome,

A good choice/mix of traction there.

There's some good articles on ballasting track ideal for a "showcase" plank - just search.

Regards,

Kev.

Archived