LNWR D.20 Cattle Wagons

RichardJones

Looking to build a few, but as the LNWR society says "No general arrangement drawing has survived, neither is there an official photograph in the NRM York collection." I'm not sure I want to go forking out on the book to figure out the end detail!

Anybody have it to hand or know what it should look like?

From what I can discern it's got outside framing on the ends as well unlike the D.21 version. I've drawn this so far:

post-15796-0-73909000-1348750085.jpg

I think the headstock needs extending upwards, and I'm not sure whether there should be any framing at roof height or not. I'm also not sure if the vertical framing should extend further out or should be made flush with the headstock and the strapping extended...

Any ideas?

Richard

As the LNWR were a very standardised company, I would suggest the end of a diagram 20 cattle wagon were likely to be the same as a diagram 21 & 22. There is one poor quality photo in "LNWR Wagons" volume one showing the side of the wagon, the main difference would seem to be vertical iron bars in place of the lower plank. As there are no known photo`s or drawings make the ends the same as diagram 21 & 22 and your model will look right.

Richard

As the LNWR were a very standardised company, I would suggest the end of a diagram 20 cattle wagon were likely to be the same as a diagram 21 & 22. There is one poor quality photo in "LNWR Wagons" volume one showing the side of the wagon, the main difference would seem to be vertical iron bars in place of the lower plank. As there are no known photo`s or drawings make the ends the same as diagram 21 & 22 and your model will look right.

Sounds reasonable to me too.

Archived