chadderton ccd

peanuts

All this talk of Radclyffe School, whats that then, surely you mean Chaddy Grammar for Girls!!! (Speaking as a Chaddy Grammar old boy lol)

i think but dont quote me on this the boys and girls schools combined as the radcylffe school spread over two sites on broadway the old lower school was closed and demolished two years ago and is now the site of a brand new catholic school to replace the ones at werneth and our ladys at royton

i think but dont quote me on this the boys and girls schools combined as the radcylffe school spread over two sites on broadway the old lower school was closed and demolished two years ago and is now the site of a brand new catholic school to replace the ones at werneth and our ladys at royton

Peanuts

The school was originally Chadderton Grammar School (mixed) then Chadderton Grammar (Girls) and the Chadderton Grammar School (boys) was on Chadderton Hall Road. When the Grammar schools were abolished the schools then became Radclyffe School (mixed) and North Chadderton School (mixed)

(Another CGS (very) old boy)

think i may go with smp and kit built points bro dunno if im ready for scratch building track yet

think an 08 24/5 40 and a duff may do it for the motive power plus of course the industrial shunter

16t minerals and HAA HBAs maybe a brakevan or two gonna have to be small and portable to fit somewhere in the flat

Naah, have a look at the C&L website.

dave was the trip consist just wagons for the ccd or were any other vehicles in the consist ?

heard tales of the trip sometimes carrying the loaded fuel tanks for newton heath depot to be dropped on way back to manchester ?

On the day of my one and only visit the 47 arrived propelling 6 HEA's and nothing else and pushed them into the middle siding. Then the Industrial shunted two empty HEA's, the only wagons on site that day which had been standing on the southern most siding, onto the other end of the 47 and once out of the way the 47 left now propelling the two empties.Although a seemingly straightforward shunt in fact it took quite a while, the relevant point/switch proving reluctant to move and it took the combined efforts of the traveling BR guard, shunter and one of the British Fuels employees to get it to budge. Sorry to contradict a subsequent poster but the foremost shutter had been opened on the industrial on its right hand side that morning. Finally, the conveyor belt that led from the coal drop was out of action and so once the 47 had left the Industrial propelled the six loaded wagons further down the middle siding where a start was made unloading them by means of a mechanical grab.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived