RMWeb Software update broken

Andy,

I've no idea of the technology behind the forum but appreciate it for the friendship, banter, knowledge that we all share.

NONE of this would be here if it wasn't for the hard work you and the Mods put in each day.

Good on ya!

Andy

I'm honestly not particularly offended by Kenton's perspective** as there's genuinely malicious folk out there although I could do without minor distractions just after spending a few fraught hours in getting things back to normal.

.....my first thought was 'tranquiliser dart'.

Thanks Andy, you are more than understanding. I try to be helpful even though it doesn't always appear to be so and out here in the dark with the self imposed security blinds pulled down it is very difficult to know if ones screams can actually be heard. Like many I find it difficult to know if I am the only one affected or if it affects everyone, if you are busy working on a solution or unaware of the problem. After a few hours that feeling of missing out and of isolation in the dark just overwhelms. RMWeb was clearly online (and from later getting in to the VNC I see that the just me seemed to be validated).

Anyway thanks for the additional effort and apologies for the additional stress caused.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy.

Just a quick question, but the custom content blocks in the blogs appear to have changed from white to blue, is this a permanent feature of the update?

blog.jpg

Or, if anyone knows of a way to change this colour I'd be exceptionally grateful!

Cheers,

Tom.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy. Please dont go to any great trouble on my account, I can always just change the background colour on my totem image to blue if it means something else more important is linked to it!

Cheers,

Tom.

Thanks Andy. Please dont go to any great trouble on my account, I can always just change the background colour on my totem image to blue if it means something else more important is linked to it!

I've just tried looking and I'm struggling to find where they've married the box background class to at the mo. Another consideration is that a mid-grey text on a pale blue background isn't that great from a contrast perspective. (yeah, I found the text classes OK :))

• RMweb Gold
I've just tried looking and I'm struggling to find where they've married the box background class to at the mo.

Hi Andy,

Have you got Firebug for Firefox? Right click anywhere to see where the style is defined. This appears to be on line 57 in the file shown:

post-1103-0-60066000-1349209893_thumb.png

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for looking Andy. I'll make a few changes my end for now, and if you happen to come across the answer at some point then I can always change it back.

Cheers,

Tom.

Thanks for looking Andy. I'll make a few changes my end for now, and if you happen to come across the answer at some point then I can always change it back.

Cheers,

Tom.

Hopefully I'll catch you in time. I've just made an edit as per Martin's hint (which is completely different from the results I was getting inspecting in Chrome and going through IPB's editor!).

Thanks both!

It looks like the blue is back?

Yup, it must have reverted whilst Invision were looking at skin settings to try and resolve a separate issue. At least I've found what it's married to and that's the pale blue surround around each of the posts in the forum (these were changed to white over the last 24 hours and no-one commented, or even noticed?) which does help give some separation between posts. Back to the drawing board!

• RMweb Gold

Didn't you ask Andy if he could make it green?...we know you're fond of that Tom :P

Quiet at the back! :onthequiet:

No worries Andy, time to remind myself how to make transparent GIFs!!

Tom.

these were changed to white over the last 24 hours and no-one commented, or even noticed?

Don't be so sure ... I'm still in the recovery ward after the last shoot up ;)

Somethings just don't seem to have the same level of criticality.

• 1 month later...

A blog-related issue for your list, Andy, in case you haven't noticed it. The blog 'dashboard' appears to have lost all knowledge of what has been read. Both the list in the recent entries column and the 'n comments' bit at the bottom of each summary are showing everything as unread. However, the VNC (by content - blogs) and the little list of recent entries on the home page appear to be behaving correctly.

Nick

Or this? I've got used to it now and have been using the VNC route for a while, but the dashboard and the recent entries list are much more informative (or could be if they indicated unread content).

Nick

Archived