Beaconsfield Exhibition

edcayton

The Underground layout

will be there - maybe it last time on the exhibition circuit amazing layout - Worth going there for this alone!

XF

Yes, i will second that. Horn Lane is an amazing layout and was told by its owner that this will be its last outing, and its only done about 4,

Attended this show today. As said above always has a few gems. Those who missed the last chance to see Horn Lane missed a treat. A very unpretentious but very nicely modelled London Underground that appeared to operate really well and had plenty of movement and detailed interest.

The other layout in particular that caught my eye was Whatlington (3mm) though many others were entertaining and certainly worth the trouble and small entry fee.

Parking as always the name of this show - virtually non-existent and it doesn't take long for wet mud to get churned up. But once inside everyone very friendly and welcoming.

Trade - well I never expect much at these type of club shows - and was a bit disappointed TBH and failed miserably to pick up anything on my list for the latest project.

Well, it was such a good day for a drive through the Chilterns in the MG. I really enjoyed the show, and would have liked more time there.

The Underground layout, Horn Lane, was superb. Beautifully observed in details with a Minories terminus, and very clever use of levels it rightly got the award for best in show.

T'other one that really appealed to me was a little N gauge through station with superbly modelled buildings and, in particular, a farm and correct vehicles. The builder told me he was aiming for Summer 1960 and I think he achieved it.

Ed

Archived