IOS6 and Touchcab

Whilst not a DCC matter as such I feel I sould warn other users of my problems with this. Since upgrading to IOS6 I cannot connect to my model railway wifi as it says "no Internet connection" my dad can connect on his iPhone which has not been upgraded so the router is not the problem.

I would suggest all Touchcab users refrain from upgrading until we know this problem is fixed, it is not a problem with Touchcab or ECoS but a problem with IOS6 and router settings.

Ed

I have recently got my iPhone, and am getting used to it slowly. I have downloaded the touchcab app about 3 weeks ago in readiness.

I don't yet have connection to my Lenz system, that's my next little project over the coming days and weeks.

What is this IOS6 you speak of? I am not yet up to speed with some the terminology.

Thanks Bob

• RMweb Gold

Ed, I have a similar problem with wi-throttle. My ancient iPod touch will connect and work, it cannot be updated to iOs6, but my iPhone 4S on iOs6 just will not connect.

I have tried emailing the author of wi-throttle but I get an " unable to deliver" message.

Geoff

Whilst not a DCC matter as such I feel I sould warn other users of my problems with this. Since upgrading to IOS6 I cannot connect to my model railway wifi as it says "no Internet connection" my dad can connect on his iPhone which has not been upgraded so the router is not the problem.

I would suggest all Touchcab users refrain from upgrading until we know this problem is fixed, it is not a problem with Touchcab or ECoS but a problem with IOS6 and router settings.

Hi,

Just tried my setup, iPhone 3GS running latest iOS 6.0 with Touchcab 1.7.1 and ECoS 3.5.0 and its working normally.

The only thing I had to do was update the IP address of my ECoS system in Touchcab as my router had assigned the ECoS a different IP address than the last time I used it.

Bob, iOS6 is the operating system/base software that the iPhone (and some other apple devices) use to operate, version 6 of this was released a few weeks ago along with launch of the iPhone 5.

Alan

Just tried my setup, iPhone 3GS running latest iOS 6.0 with Touchcab 1.7.1 and ECoS 3.5.0 and its working normally.

The only thing I had to do was update the IP address of my ECoS system in Touchcab as my router had assigned the ECoS a different IP address than the last time I used it.

Alan, does your ECoS network cover your home internet connection as well? We also tried an Ipad with IOS6 on it today and we coud not connect that to the network either but 2 Iphones on IOS5 would connect. Time for another update from Apple methinks.

IOS6 sucks big time, naff maps, tries to log me onto the US appstore instead of UK one. Crapple strike again.

Yep, that's the one that thinks Luton is in Cornwall!

I've declined the upgrade until they get the bugs out of it.

Hi Ed,

Yes my ECoS was connected to the same router that handles our broadband connection.

It would appear that there are some problems with some iPhone 4S models and the 3rd generation iPads. There is an Apple Insider article at: http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/27/apple-ios-6-wi-fi-problems-persist-in-iphone-4s-third-gen-ipad

and on the Apple Support Forums at: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4310121?start=0&tstart=0

both contain some suggestions that people have found that may solve the problems.

Alan

Alan

My router allows me to lock the local IP address used by a device. I had the same problem in Rocrail when the router kept switching addresses and I had to amend the config files.

I went to the router webpage from my pc network and selected my command station (Hornby Elite) properties in the device list, then ticked 'always use this address'.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived