Zimo Sound at Peterborough Show

pauliebanger

Hi Everyone,

Just a note to say that I will be giving Zimo DCC Sound demonstrations at The National Festival of Railway Modelling, Peterborough, this weekend.

I’ll be showing a wide variety of steam and diesel locos, and I’ll have a couple of the Rail Exclusive Class 47 pre-production examples, as shown in Hornby Magazine Issue 65, running with their custom sound projects. This will be their first public outing.

See and hear 4mm diesel locos start, build up engine sounds to ‘full thrash’ and then stop with engines idling - all within the space of just 6 feet!

I’ll have my yet-to-be-released heritage DMU sound project with me. As well as having engine sounds completely uncluttered by rail clack, it allows you to ‘change gear’ manually – just like most real 1st generation DMUs. And ‘coast’ whenever you wish, of course. Choose different acceleration sounds to suit the terrain. Hear prototypical sounds not heard on any other DMU project released to date in the UK.

Or just come and have a chat about DCC sound.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul,are you able to post a Youtube clip of the sounds please? I'm unable to make this weekends show in Peterborough and I am interested in hearing the sound before committing to a purchase.

Thanks

That's a shame.

Which sounds?

Try my YoutTube channel 'Pauliebanger' for stuff already there to judge the quality of my work.

The DMU is not publically available yet (but at the show? maybe) and I've not yet had time to shoot a video.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul,

I'll be there Sunday, officially on the 2mm stand. If there is time, I'll come and talk about how downshifts and coasting works on Zimo diesel-mechanical projects.

In return, I'll offer an explanation of the LokSound V4 CV architecture - I find it needs a couple of sheets of paper to understand it !

regards

- Nigel

That's a shame.

Which sounds?

Try my YoutTube channel 'Pauliebanger' for stuff already there to judge the quality of my work.

The DMU is not publically available yet (but at the show? maybe) and I've not yet had time to shoot a video.

Kind regards,

Paul

Thanks Paul. I am specifically interested in the Rail Exclusive class 47 sounds.

Thanks Paul. I am specifically interested in the Rail Exclusive class 47 sounds.

There's the first of a two part article on how I designed the sound installation and sound project in the current Issue (65) of Hornby Magazine. Next part in issue 66 describes the sound project in detail, lists the (22) functions, the 8 different sound sets and the controllability that selection imparts. Basically, there is a driving scheme for all types of driving style and layout size.

Both parts contain high quality photos of the pre-production models, and they are very good indeed.

There will be a DVD when launched, but by then it might be too late to reserve one. Reserve one now, I'm confident that you will be thrilled with it. No money will be taken before the models are dispatched.

Maybe someone on here will volunteer to give you an unbiased report of them from the show.

Kind regards,

Paul

paul its just a standard Bachmann dcc sound loco. illl bring it along if im there early enough. thanks mate

Dan,

Don't set your alarm too early - I can't reblow your Loksound which is standard fit in the Bachmann. But you might bump into my buddy, Legomanbiffo. He's got Loks sussed and has a very nice 37 indeed.

I'll still be happy to speak with you, of course, so do come and chat and listen to a different perspective. A bit of variety is always nice.

Kind regards,

Paul

now im home, i have to say that pauls demonstrations were very very good. the rail exclusive class 47 has been added to my wants list and so good were the sounds on his laptop im now the proud owner of a dcc sound class 40! and at the price i paid for the Zimo sound chip, almost 25% cheaper than the leading brand, with better sound control and functions, im one happy man. so thanks to paul and phil sutton for their time and advice. i will be adding more Zimo chip in the future. cheers.

I am with you Dan - really useful demonstrations by a man who knows what he is doing. My particular interest was the A4 steam sounds and they were great. I do not have the confidence to fit the decoder and speaker myself so now await news from Digitrains as to when my Sir Nigel Gresley will be ready. It was interesting that the sounds were recorded from Sir Nigel Gresley - an added touch of authenticity. Can't wait to see how I get on with it!

Harold.

Dan,

Don't set your alarm too early - I can't reblow your Loksound which is standard fit in the Bachmann. But you might bump into my buddy, Legomanbiffo. He's got Loks sussed and has a very nice 37 indeed.

I'll still be happy to speak with you, of course, so do come and chat and listen to a different perspective. A bit of variety is always nice.

Kind regards,

Paul

For ESU/Legomanbiffo Re-Blows contact charlie@dckits.co.uk with details!

• RMweb Gold

Didn't manage to get to the show but I can heartily recommend Zimo sound decoders and the skill of Paul in fitting them. Having had four fitted to my O gauge locos by Paul I can say that the combination of smooth running and the sound produced from them makes them well worth considering.

Usual disclaimer no connection other than a very satisfied customer.

Regards Chris

paul ive uploaded a short video of my sound class 40 on you tube thanks again mate. cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOh3NDJ0BiY

Dan,

I'm glad you could make it to Peterborough, and it seems you are too. Good video, thanks for sharing.

Do you like the Horns by any chance? Ha ha.

I'm happy you got what you were after.

Kind regards,

Paul

Didn't manage to get to the show but I can heartily recommend Zimo sound decoders and the skill of Paul in fitting them. Having had four fitted to my O gauge locos by Paul I can say that the combination of smooth running and the sound produced from them makes them well worth considering.

Usual disclaimer no connection other than a very satisfied customer.

Regards Chris

Hi Chris,

Long time no see. I'll be at Spalding next month, drop by if you are planning to visit.

Thanks for the endorsement.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Good to meet up at P'boro, hope the locos are running ok now ;)

Hi Ian,

Yes it was good to meet. We've been 'penpals' long enough!

Thank you for weaving your magic on those old locos, I'm looking forward to their new lease of life.

I've PM'd you about your next project.

Kind regards,

Paul

Archived