BRIQUETTE FEEDER COVER

N15class

Hi to all

I have found out that in later BR days my West Country 4500 gallon tender, should have a briquette feeder cover on the rear, I have no idea what this looks like or its exact possition.

I am hoping someone here will hav a photo or a drawing of the said item.

In all my photos I have non that show this on the tank top.

Thanks in advance.

Albert Goodall had lots of pictures with his detailing parts, Damned if I can find them at the moment. IIRC there are two types.

Depending on the period you are modelling you will either need the (rectangular) TIA cover or the later BR (hinged lid) softener cover. The latter is moulded on the Hornby 4500 gal tender but both are available from RT Models (who now market most of Albert Goodall's range). See 4AGB0Ti and 4AGB0SO on this page http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/rt_models_020.htm Rt Models also have the tender drawings.

Looking from the rear of the tender, the RH side of the TIA cover lines up with the vacuum cylinder cover and from the side the centre of the TIA cover is in line with the centre of the water filler.

After a quick search, I can't find a suitable photo but will keep looking.

Regards

Mike

Depending on the period you are modelling you will either need the (rectangular) TIA cover or the later BR (hinged lid) softener cover. The latter is moulded on the Hornby 4500 gal tender but both are available from RT Models (who now market most of Albert Goodall's range). See 4AGB0Ti and 4AGB0SO on this page http://www.rtmodels...._models_020.htm Rt Models also have the tender drawings.

Looking from the rear of the tender, the RH side of the TIA cover lines up with the vacuum cylinder cover and from the side the centre of the TIA cover is in line with the centre of the water filler.

After a quick search, I can't find a suitable photo but will keep looking.

Regards

Mike

Thanks for the link Mike.

It is the later round one I need. The Goodall parts look very good but are 4mm not 7mm, I now can see what I need to do to make the part. At least I can now get the tender finished and painted.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived