The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Minis - like, groovy baby...

Rugd1022

• RMweb Premium

My only Mini was a 1960s "B" registered 850cc one when it was already nearly 20 years old! The body was quite good condition considering it's age (and being a mini!)

I spent ages welding new wings and sills on it put in an all synchro gearbox and the restoration was coming along fine until some nice chap rammed me up the back and distorted the inside of the boot. It then rotted at the back like the clappers and I had to get shot of it.

The rubber suspended ones were much better IMHO than the Hydrolastic ones.

Keith

EDIT:

Could never understand why there were 3 "Cooper S" models.

The 970 and 1275 were homologated for the 1000cc and 1300cc classes but what was the 1071 for?

My only Mini was a 1960s "B" registered 850cc one when it was already nearly 20 years old! The body was quite good condition considering it's age (and being a mini!)

I spent ages welding new wings and sills on it put in an all synchro gearbox and the restoration was coming along fine until some nice chap rammed me up the back and distorted the inside of the boot. It then rotted at the back like the clappers and I had to get shot of it.

The rubber suspended ones were much better IMHO than the Hydrolastic ones.

Keith

EDIT:

Could never understand why there were 3 "Cooper S" models.

The 970 and 1275 were homologated for the 1000cc and 1300cc classes but what was the 1071 for?

The 1071 S was built to win the Monte, which it did in '64! The more classes they could enter in, the more publicity for BMC in the long run ;)

My S was converted from hydrolastic to rubber cone suspension when it was restored in '91 (a lot of people did this back then as finding hydrolastic parts was almost impossible), it's pretty much rock hard now, it's ok on open stretches of road but over speed bumps it's 'orrible!

Archived