SATURDAY 1ST December 10am to 6pm

SUNDAY 2nd December 10am to 5pm.

LAYOUTS ATTENDING

A. BURNTISLAND 1883 P4 Scottish set in the 19th Century

B. PEN Y BONT Welsh Narrow Gauge by Geoff Lord

C. LEEM VISTA, Hornby Live Steam by Chris Stevens

D. EARLSHEATON, 1950/60's 4mm new layout by WRMS

E. RACOON CANYON MINING On30 USA by Tony Kell

F. BODMIN, 1930's GWR in 2mm by Ray Slack.

G BERGELLER BAHN, Swiss Metre Gauge by John Lasiter in HOm

H. HASSELL HARBOUR BRIDGE, 7mm Big fouyr action by Mike Sant

I. MILLWALL GOODS & ARNOLD LANE, 1912 LNWR Shed and goods yard in 7mm by Peter Thonton

J. WHITEADDER JUNCTION, 1930's LMS in EM by Trevor Shaw

K. SEALANE, Sunderland Trams in 7mm by Geoff Wilkinson.

L. LOCH ORAN, West Higland Modern image in 2mm by David Harrison.

M. OLD BLARNEY, Irish 4mm layout By Bill Garden

N BISHOPMEAD, 1930's LMS by Eric Olney in 4mm.

O. AVYN-A-LLYIN, Welsh Based 009 by Andy Bailey

P. DE HEZELPOORT 1927, Exquisite 4mm Dutch Street Scene from the Netherlands.

Q. ST ALDHELMS QUAY, S & D Harbour terminus by John Boden in 7mm

R. RAILWAY STREET, Modern Image Bradford in 4mm DCC by Niel Burrows

S. BANNOCHBRAE, Scottish 1980's by Roger Nicholls

T. THOMAS, by the WRMS

The following traders are also attending.

1. Snazzy Scenics

2. P & H Models

3. Bay Models

4. Digitrains

5. Contikits

6. Going Loco

7. Bill Hudson Transport Books

8. DC Kits/D & E Videos.

9. K & M /Mad About Trains

10. Squire Tools

11. Freestone Model Products

12. Shawplan

13. Wizard Models

14. Plus Daughters.

15. Langley Models.

16. Milennium Models

17. John Wigston Pictures.

18. Bufferbeam

19. Ten Commandments

20. GreenScene

21. Unit Models

22. Uncommon Kits

23. Modelex

24. Nick Tozer railway Books

SOCIETY STANDS

1. Deltic Preservation Society

2. Middleton Railway Trust

3. North Yorkshire Moors Railway

4. Wakefield Hospice

5. Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Society

WRMS STANDS

A. Our usual outstanding Secondhand Stall.

B. Club Information Stand

C. Demonstrators

D. Static Model Displays

The usual public catering upstairs and if the weather is good the Wakefield Model Engineers will be steaming in the park.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Ill be there - My favourite show oop North :) and Westgate on a Friday night is always worth a look ;)

Glad about that, some of us have to cope with driving up Westgate on Friday evenings after club nights. It's a hard job but someones got to do it.

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm pleased to add that Bay Models will now be attending which gives us G scale coveage in the trade.

Also due to ill health our demonstrators will be changing but will still cover most modelling disciplines.

Jamie

Thought I'd have to miss the exhibition this year but just checked the trains and will be visiting on Friday evening for the first time. Usually come on the Saturday but I'm working the weekend this year. I always look forward to the exhibition though, it's an annual event on my callender now.

• RMweb Premium

Thought I'd have to miss the exhibition this year but just checked the trains and will be visiting on Friday evening for the first time. Usually come on the Saturday but I'm working the weekend this year. I always look forward to the exhibition though, it's an annual event on my callender now.

Glad to hear that. Friday is always the best time for bargains on the second hand stall.

Jamie

Is there somewhere near the show that will be open at around 5pm selling curry and chips? Or am I going to have to lower myself to McD's?

Thanks

There's a chippy across the road and slightly to the left of the main entrance to to Thornes Park, corner of Cross St and Horbury Rd, never been in so can't comment further but certainly within walking distance. Big of Googling reveals it as Cross Lane Fisheries

• RMweb Premium

There's a chippy across the road and slightly to the left of the main entrance to to Thornes Park, corner of Cross St and Horbury Rd, never been in so can't comment further but certainly within walking distance. Big of Googling reveals it as Cross Lane Fisheries

I'm not sure what the curry is like but we get our Fridat lunchtime fish and chips from there and they are good.

Jamie

For the first time in many years will not be able to enjoy (???) the Friday afternoon north bound jolly up the M1 as I'm on nights all week-end.

Always one of my favourite shows and Friday night opening gives you all week-end to do other stuff

Wishing the Wakefield guys and guests a successful week-end

Andy

As I now have a weekend off from pushing trolleys at B&Q, I am thinking about going to this show, possibly by train.

According to the maps I've seen, the exhibition looks like walking distance from Wakefield Westgate Station, just how far is it or shall I try catching a bus?

• RMweb Premium

The 126 and 127 Dewsbury Buses go from Westgate from under the railway bridge and pass the entrance to Thornes Park but it is only about a 10 minute walk. As it's the starting section of the 'Westgate Run' you will never go thirsty on the walk as there are several 'watering holes' en route.

Our first overseas layout is already in the UK having been brought over by the same team that had the dutch layout 'Blue Tram'(English spelling) at Warley. Other preparations are in hand and we are looking forward to the show.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Well the set up of the show has started and so far so good. The first lorry load of equipment was taken to the stadium and unloaded as soon as the athletes had finished. Most of the pens have been marked out except for one corner where the female shotputters were practising and for some obscure reason the team wouldn't mark the wall in that area.

Jamie

Great evening, all layouts up and running. Found out how the Dutch make the bicycles work, very ingenious . 2 nd hand stall very busy but more on show for tomorrow

Bought a cyclist starter kit, couldn't resist it, now to fit it. Rest of show up to the usual Wakefield standard, well worth a visit.

As usual a very enjoyable Friday evening, some good layouts to see and plenty of banter. Me, I resisted all temtaion to indulge in ripping up Huddersfield road on New Hey and installing a cyclist on it. However my co traveler did not and parted with hard earned. I expect to see lots of layouts with cyclists on in the not too distant!

As usual a very enjoyable Friday evening, some good layouts to see and plenty of banter. Me, I resisted all temtaion to indulge in ripping up Huddersfield road on New Hey and installing a cyclist on it. However my co traveler did not and parted with hard earned. I expect to see lots of layouts with cyclists on in the not too distant!

Yeah, although it does have other possibilities, I am currently pondering how to model an !950s AJS 350 to fit on the magnetic track............

Archived