Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann 08

I've just bought a Bachmann 08 and due to the seller not knowing much about railways it has turned up with no buffers whereas he described them on ebay as "steam pipes" it also has no shunters platform on either side on the front. Is there anyone who manufactures a detailing kit or a model buffer supplier who i could use or could i just replace the bodyshell? are the shunters platforms attached to the shell or a seperate part?.

Many thanks. Rich

Bachmann sell loco buffers separately in a spares pack which will fit, but generally their loco buffers are one of the weakest elements of the models. Keep telling myself that I must get around to replacing them on this and several other Bachmann models of BR diesels, but haven't even identified a supplier yet. Perhaps this thread will flush out a suggestion?

The front steps are shown assembled as part of the chassis moulding which comprises the main frames, running plate and bufferbeam and buffers on the diagram: this whole piece has no part number, along with the body. Try Bachmann service to see whether the complete part is available?

He described it as missing "steam pipes" which i assumed he meant vac/air pipes. Looking at the pic it doesnt show any buffers but you have to look closely to see it. I dont think the seller knows much about railways hence his description but i'm loathe to send it back as it was a bargain at 25 quid.

Guest jim s-w

Hi firefly

For that price id keep it too. Remenber before you worry about genuine Bachmann buffers real 08s had them swapped arround too. You miggt want to look for a prototype that had oleos at the end you are missing?

Hth

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Archived