New V8 of RR&Co

• RMweb Gold

You can only buy a license at present as the software itself is not available until some unspecified future date. For now there's a new F8 patch level for V7.

The other end of the scale is things always break down just after the warranty runs out.

At least you can still have the upgrade price.

But there are some nice things in the new version and will give far greater flexibility in schedules with shunting, coupling and uncoupling become easier.

• RMweb Gold

The other end of the scale is things always break down just after the warranty runs out.

At least you can still have the upgrade price.

But there are some nice things in the new version and will give far greater flexibility in schedules with shunting, coupling and uncoupling become easier.

Hi TTG

Sorry about the duplicated post......I must admit I was surprised to find that you hadnt posted........but then of course I checked the wrong forum.......On reflection it is a topic rather than a question although sometimes the distinction seems rather fine.

Whatever I do agree with you....it was the improvements to shunting schedules that made the headlines for me.......plus what I believe will be improved control of Turntables

Regards

Just paid my 99 Euros and await further news.

Hi John,

I had a quick squint through the differences manual and the coupling uncoupling options are a massive improvement. The ability to chose a wagon, coach or loco makes things even more interesting. I need to have a proper read about how its all done and of course play. That's the answer to most things with the software, its the playing that fixes things in your mind rather then looking at the manual.

I am interested in the other options on schedules as well, the new tick box options. The entering of reserved and occupied block needs further examination.

So its wait now and see what happens.

• RMweb Premium

Hi TTG

Did you get a message about your license not being valid for this version of the software (TC7 F8) when you start the upgrade path?

I wondered whether it wasn't recognising the USB stick!

I'll try again.

The turntable improvements certainly look inteeresting as I am getting very close to setting mine up (at long last)

Cheers

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Hi Keith,

No, it went through without problem. The longest part was entering my credit card number.

Tried again, still said my license wasn't valid!

However it allowed me to order an upgrade and knew it was from Gold 7 to Gold 8 so we shall see.

Keith

EDIT:

Seem to have had all the right e-mails and a delivery date on no later than 4 Nov!

• RMweb Premium

Hi Keith,

Glad you got to the end OK. I received my licence code within 30 minutes so was happy with that.

See what happens now.

Hi TTG

Mine arrived this morning.

It's a bit of a long beastie to enter (56 characters including name), I assumed it might be just 20 or so!

Keith

EDIT: my CC account hasn't been debited yet. It will be interesting to see what exchange rate we get.

With regards support of TC and Microsoft Widones, here is the repky I got from Juergen.

Currently we plan to add official support for Windows 8 in a later update of Version 8 at no extra costs for licensed users of Version 8. This may take half a year, or so, however, because this is one of the least important issues in our todo list.

For the time being it is probably already possible to use Version 7 and - when it is available - Version 8 on Windows 8, but we do not provide any formal warranty for this.

Version 7 is not expected to officially support Windows 8.

Hi Keith,

A bit of cut coppy and paste me thinks.

I paid with paypal so assume it went straight out of my account. Seems we will get advanced access to the software when its released. One month in front of new users.

I have some ideas already for the new version. I am going to try a bit of signal box automation with bell codes to and from the next box up the line. I'll have to find a suitable recording or the bells and codes used to insert into the software.

Worth a try, should be fun.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Keith,

A bit of cut coppy and paste me thinks.

I paid with paypal so assume it went straight out of my account. Seems we will get advanced access to the software when its released. One month in front of new users.

I have some ideas already for the new version. I am going to try a bit of signal box automation with bell codes to and from the next box up the line. I'll have to find a suitable recording or the bells and codes used to insert into the software.

Worth a try, should be fun.

I've copied the new license code into the RR&Co folder with the other user files so It is always handy.

Your signal box project sounds (sic) interesting.

Keith

I tried to enter the new code without the USB stick in place as its the only way to get the licence code box to come up.

I pasted in the new code and straight away it asked for the USB stick and then it accepted the licence code and welcomed me as a new user.

I have posted a question on the RR&Co forum about the use of the stick as I need to know the 'official' version of what is what with the USB stick.

After all the postings about the ins and outs of using the stick to go back to text licence codes seemed a backwards step. Will await feed back on what is happening with the stick.

• RMweb Premium

I tried to enter the new code without the USB stick in place as its the only way to get the licence code box to come up.

I pasted in the new code and straight away it asked for the USB stick and then it accepted the licence code and welcomed me as a new user.

I have posted a question on the RR&Co forum about the use of the stick as I need to know the 'official' version of what is what with the USB stick.

After all the postings about the ins and outs of using the stick to go back to text licence codes seemed a backwards step. Will await feed back on what is happening with the stick.

I found that too.

Maybe that's just an interim stage with the F8 version of TC7.

TC8 as an upgrade may well ask for both, e.g. recognising the stick from TC7 and asking for the upgrade code as well, whilst new users could get a TC8 ready mem stick.

After all one without the other would be useless!

Keith

Hi Keith,

After an exchange of postings on the RR&Co forum, I eventually got the answer I had expected in that the USB stick is upgraded with the new licence code.

It would have been a backwards step to go back to text based licencing as the so much had been put into using the USB stick for security etc. Much to the annoyance of a lot of people as it can be a right royal pain in the back side when you have to carry it around all the time to get full access after the 15 minute test period.

Anyway, all is well and I await the news we are getting TC V8

Archived