This Dynamis is dead!

Ruston

I had it reported that the following arcane procedure will solve all Dynamis problems completley:

Find a clear floor space around six feet in diameter, paint a pentagle on the clear space, then on the next full moon strip naked, hold the Dynamis in your hand (make sure it is not still plugged into the mains, (we take health and safety very seriously)), skip in and out of the pentagle three times then place the Dynamis on the floor in the centre of the pentagle and, on the stroke of midnight, smash it with a mallet.

The system can now be replaced with another makers' DCC system and all Dynamis problems will have gone away. :stinker:

I suspect someones been watching The Wicker Man again. Even if it is out of warranty isn't there a Bachmann helpline? I'd ring them and explain the situation.....you never know.

Me , thankfully I just place my loco on the track turn the knob and off it goes. There's still a lot to be said for DC!

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a Dynamis pro with 2 handsets and 4 IR sensors for sometime now. I purchased my second handset from Ebay as not working, but when I set it up with the pro and a different handset number it worked fine. There are issues with batteries I know about. A lot of recharcheable AAA batteries are slightly different shape to normal AAA's on the positive end and this stops them making contact and thus working. I now use Duracel rechargeable batteries and they are fine. (previously used 7dayshop). One of my handsets doesn't always come on when switched on, but a gentle tap on the side brings it to life, don't know if it's a battery issue or a bad connection elsewhere, I'm not sure if this is the original or the Ebay one.

I find the system to be excellent for my purposes, my railway runs through 3 rooms and I can move about and control from any of the rooms. Anyone wanting a budget system with the flexibility of being able to control from anywhere, it's a great system.

Archived