Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cheap Airbrush

My airbrush is simillar to that (think there is plenty of own branded models of this out there) and I found it to be very good and useful, Like Coombe says make sure you have a compressor to go with it as cans of air are not as good.

I've used a brush like this i got it in a deal with another brush & a compressor. If you google RDG Tools in Mythomroyd they have a full range of cheap brushes & compressors. You'll find that the air cans that badger do are inconsistent with spray, there expensive & they don't last long. Invest in a compressor i got mine from RDG for £65 with 2 brushes & i'm still using the compressor now.

Simon

Gd'day all

I bought a compressor from RDG and it works fine and a good price. One the the two cheap brushes did last long as I lost a spring when cleaning, but the other still works OK. It is nothing special, but it's gravity fed and double action so works well. When I get better at spraying I will invest in a better one, but I will keep the compressor as it works fine and is so superior to can propellants.

Earlswood Nob

Hi matey, this is the kit i bought, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PixMax-Airbrush-Air-Brush-Spray-Mini-Compressor-Kit-Double-Action-Feed-New-/261110353732?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item3ccb63cf44 and i can say i am very pleased with it and the results it produces, if you have a look at my thread you will see some of the locos i have produced using this. £65 well spent in my eyes anyway.

Lee

I agree with Snitzl, the 0.2 nozzle in the airbrush in your post will be too fine you're better off with an 0.5, it won't clog. I started off with one of the chinese airbrushes similar to the one in your post, which was ok. I recently bought a Neo for Iwata from a company based on Lancing Biz Pk in West Sussex. It is made to Iwata's spec but not by Iwata, it cost around £45 and what a difference, it is so much easier to clean and the needle is removable for cleaning too,well worth the extra expense

hope this helps you make a decision.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi matey, this is the kit i bought, http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ccb63cf44 and i can say i am very pleased with it and the results it produces, if you have a look at my thread you will see some of the locos i have produced using this. £65 well spent in my eyes anyway.

Lee

ruston165 - you have PM

Hi,

I agree with the comments about 0.2mm nozzle being more for fine art work rather than general modelling use, I think you would want a minimum of 0.35mm, which can still produce a very fine lines for detailling, or 0.5 nozzle for general modelling use.

From what I've read on other forums the chinese copies are OK, (spares are a problem but at the price I guess you just buy another), but not quite as good as the branded airbrushes.

The airbrish kits seem to be good value, (especially if you don't already have a compressor, using cans of air can turn out expensive), and will certainly let you have a first go at airbrushing at less than the cost of a branded airbrushes.

Regards

Chris G

Hi BMR

I would suggest you have a look at the website of "everything airbrush" they have a very good range of budget priced airbrushes, I use one in my work, which is painting model locos and have no problems with it at all

The one I have is one of the trigger operated models which is priced roundabout the £37 mark.

I have no connection with the above company other than a very satisfied customer

Cheers

Painter man (John)

The cheap Finespray branded airbrushes at Everything Airbrush are exactly the same as the cheap ones available from RDG tools, they even use the same part numbering apart from one company prefix's with AB where as the other uses BD

Archived