Diorama build and Eye candy.

dave_long

It's not just the modelling that makes it work for me, it's also the photography- the depth of field is sharp throughout alot of the image, but with tailing off at either end that you'd expect from a prototype image. The lighting is also exceptional, I'm not sure how it's done but looks like it's done using that big thing in the sky.

I think It was first posted on the Rust bucket weathering forum, as its new to dd.

Yes Stefan does some outstanding work.

I really like the diorama scene its something which isn't as popular over here. Although I have plenty of ideas!

I look at so many forums now Rustbucket, Protomodeller, Diesel Detailer, Trainorders etc I get confused as to what has been posted where sometimes :scratchhead: . I'm currently looking for a step by step I saw somewhere on the conversion and detailing of an Atlas Cupola Caboose as a BN Transfer Caboose, can't find it for the life of me....

Ho hum

ChrisM

It's not just the modelling that makes it work for me, it's also the photography- the depth of field is sharp throughout alot of the image, but with tailing off at either end that you'd expect from a prototype image. The lighting is also exceptional, I'm not sure how it's done but looks like it's done using that big thing in the sky.

Those shots are absolutely taken outside with the daystar as the light source and using the real world in the distance to create a backdrop that isn't there. It's really well done, both of the dioramas, and really make me wish i was even a bit competent as a scenery modeller so i could build something like that, take it out to the countryside, and take amazing shots with it.

It wouldn't be this would it?

http://www.mcr5.org/...boose/index.php

Thanks Jack,not the page I was looking for but an excellent project which I'm going to tackle.

Going back on topic with this post I think Dave is right in that the diorama concept is something that is not as popular in the UK as it is in other countries, but it is certainly something I would like to have a go at in the future. There are other good Dioramas to be found on the Diesel Detailer, Rustbucket and Protomodeller Forums which are also well worth looking at.

Cheers

ChrisM

Archived