Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Andy,

Dream land.........if only, I'm having nightmares!

Seriously, got a little more done tonight but have noticed a short on the fiddleyard panel wiring somewhere, will have a closer look tomorrow. At least all the basic wiring is now 95% done for what track is down and some advance wiring in place for the track yet to be laid, TRAINS MAY RUN THIS WEEKEND>>>>>>>>>>>>>sit down>>>>>>>MAY RUN I SAID.

I will be back for the VIDEO later, hhahahhaha

Bodge :sungum:

Jeff will be around with the Boys, :O  but NOT ME Mike, I'm the nice guy. :threaten:  I'll just demand some ransom money or the Shed gets it :no:

Bodge :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

When do you want the keys, I've had enough!

Ha Ha Mike I'll swap my None Shed for yours mate, looking forward to seeing your next phase in the wiring saga, although its a job I hate, it will need doing, and seeing yours has inspired me to do it properly next time. :locomotive: :locomotive:

I may, just MAY use more than a couple of colours :O  and make notes of what goes where. :no:

• RMweb Premium

Ha Ha Mike I'll swap my None Shed for yours mate, looking forward to seeing your next phase in the wiring saga, although its a job I hate, it will need doing, and seeing yours has inspired me to do it properly next time. :locomotive: :locomotive:

I may, just MAY use more than a couple of colours :O  and make notes of what goes where. :no:

Well that'll be an advance then!!

Have you been reading up in the "how to do" manuals?!    :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Jeff

• Like 1

I will be back for the VIDEO later, hhahahhaha

Hi All, and Andy....

The good news is: The 'Up' line is operational through a full circuit.........the bad news is I can't seem to load the video, its telling me the file size is too big and one of the video's is only 26 seconds long! Any ideas guy's

Hi guy's

Its been a long wait for those of you who have followed this thread, at long last I have managed to get part way to the 'holy grail' I have managed to get an 'UP' line train running all the way through from the fiddle yard - up the spiral - through the station - down the opposite spiral - and back into the fiddle yard. It all takes about 4 minutes to complete the cycle.

AFTER CLEANING THE TRACK I tested it out with a Jinty and a few wagons with a Gaugemaster axle-hung track cleaner to remove any residue. I then added a few coaches which went well. The crowning glory fell to Jubilee 45562 Alberta hauling the 'UP' 'THAMES-CLYDE EXPRESS' at first only an eight coach train which slightly struggled on climbing the spiral until she warmed up when I added a coach taking the total to nine, it managed it so I'm happy.

I did take a few videos of the momentous event but having never uploaded videos before I can't manage it, I'm sure someone will put me right - won't you!

To recap for the faithful the series of event and timespan to date:

August 2012 when I had the flood, demolished the old den soon after then began rebuilding in early December 2012 which took until the following June to complete. By August last year the first lot of spirals were up followed by the baseboards etc. Then a second attempt at the spirals was needed to allow longer trains to climb, this set me back about a month I think.

So realistically its taken since about July last year to get from the completion of a new den to a point where I can say at long last I can run a train! TEN MONTHS! I still have the 'DOWN' line to complete but this should only be a few weeks as most of the requirements are in place, I have two points in the fiddle yard to make and a bit more wiring and it should be done.

The rest of the fiddle yard can wait while I do a bit of scenery and get some GRASS laid for Bodgit!

Edited to correct spelling!

Edited by mike61680
  • Like 6

Only 10 months to be up and running, that's terrific. Whereas your progress is that of an Express I only just get fired up and then let the fire go out. :O

Iv'e been in my shed for the same amount of time and still can't run from one end of Hemyock to the other, I really need to stop building things and wire those loose droppers in.

Have you shown me the light...... 

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Grass, grass, grass, try to take your mind off this hallucinating substance and all will be well, honest.

Hi all,

I will be mostly away at least till the weekend due to a family bereavement. I will have a go at posting the video's upon my return.

Hi all,

I have just spent about two hours trying to load the video's to youtube, needless to say useless. I hate technology. You will (AndrewP) all have to wait until I decipher the minefield of very little instructions. What I did see was close to awful to be honest.

Started a bit of the scenery so will post some pics later hopefully.

Technology to me is trying to cut a piece of wood strait.

Computers, forget it.

I've been trying to add a signature so I don't have to keep putting my name at the bottom of every post, it keeps telling me I have an error and can only use up to 6 URL's, (whatever they might be).

I e-mailed Andy Y and the administrators but no reply's as yet, maybe even they don't know, hahahha

Flodgit :O

P.S. Don't worry about the pics, we all know your trying. :stinker:

Edited by Andrew P

That's kind, Laura usually adds VERY before uttering the last word!

Ok, can't manage the video as yet and too busy to waste more time on it for now. You will just have to trust me that one line is operational. :mail:

Sorry guy's. I can't even upload any photo's now for some reason so I give up, had enough, fed up, tee-ed off, going to bed!

I'll be better by morning! promise.

• Like 2

Hi all,

Well now I have a few days to myself (one hopes) I intend to get a bit more done on the layout. I was in two minds about gong to the York show but following the trip south last week for a family bereavement I really thought better of using the nations range of car parks motorways so that was an easy decision. I have been doing a little on the scenic side through the week and all will become clear when I post a few pics tomorrow. Sort of whetting the appetite so to speak!

I still can not fathom this youtube uploading, its telling congratulations you've uploaded videos to youtube and in the same sentence it states ...oops, something went wrong?

Tech-bleeding-nowlegy :nono:

PS Don't expect to see trains running, I'm bored watching them it already :beee: AndrewP has real class 20's on Kingsley however!!!!!!

• Like 3

Hi Mike, My alarm Clock went off earlier telling me that Mike 61680 had done a posting, so I rushed with eager unrepented undulating gretorious enthusiasm to see DENT in full cinamascope technicolor and pastavission, but alas just MORE PROMISES. :O 

Back tomorrow I guess, hahhaha

All the best mate.

Just think, had you gone to York you would probably be a couple of Hundred Quid poorer, hahha.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

I don't know what you're on about Andymiester "only allowed 6 URLs". That's just the rest of us mere mortals. You already have 11 :O.

Beats me mate.

I'll be up at the crack of dawn to see these pics Mike. I need some inspiration!

Squatch.

• Like 1

I don't know what you're on about Andymiester "only allowed 6 URLs". That's just the rest of us mere mortals. You already have 11 :O.

Beats me mate.

I'll be up at the crack of dawn to see these pics Mike. I need some inspiration!

Squatch.

Morning Shaun, I too popped in to see the pics, never mind, back again later.

Andy Y replied ref URL's and apparently its something to do Universal Website Listings? whatever that is. I thought it was Uncle Roy's Lavatory, :no:  but then it said I could only have 6 so I don't know. :O

Off now before Mike kicks us off for invading Dent with lavatorial talk. :nono: :scared: :scared: :scared:

• RMweb Premium

Mike, progress may be slow, but you're keeping us interested, waiting for the next development.

Trains running? What is the world coming to?

Keeping us on the edge of our seats, mate. Or in Andy's case, on the edge of his lavatory!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

A quick note for Mike:

Right now, in order to paste anything on RM Web, I have to go to the bottom left of the page ....scroll all the way past Andrew's latest rant... until you see "Change Theme", then change to RMWeb 2013.  This assumes that you have gotten the video to work on Youtube :)

James

Hi James,

Thanks for that, I tried uploading just photo's last night (just to keep AndrewP off my back - futile I know) but could not even get them to load so have done the change theme thing and we will have a go at last nights pics RIGHT NOW!

I really get frustrated with things that work one day and not the next, sounds a bit like employees! :jester: :jester:

Cheers