Blackgill: Tyne Dock to Consett in P4

Arpster

You could have done a bit cropping.

Sulzer two's on the Iron Ore & a T1. That's some modeller's licence that been drafted up. Now if you'd have written and early Type Two on a parcels train. (or crew training even) we might just have got away with it.

Not bad, them lucky bag cameras. I'll have to have one.

Edited by Porcy Mane

If only I had the technical know-how to achieve such a thing. Besides, it's better to leave in the evidence...

It leaves me wondering how much of the "Beamish pile up" the professional cameraman managed to capture and whether any of it will escape the cutting room floor?

And I still haven't had the repeat fees for the last time you trotted this clip out.... :rtfm:

Fees in lieu of buffer sales.  :smile_mini2:

post-508-0-61771800-1481227140.jpg

P.S. I'm now retired from the screen due to the demands of LMS. :O

And long may it continue.  :wink_mini:

Gutted to have missed the show.

Hope your mums picking up.

Edited by Porcy Mane

very good Arp...you really captured the layout and the crew and all its/their glory..

The little gizmo didn't do a bad job of capturing you having an easy time of of it, way off on the horizon. What next for the little gizmo? A grand entry from the Gainsborough Wing into the gasworks?

She is thanks.  Did you get your SLW 24 done in time for Warley?

John

One Buffer beam corrected and detailed, glazing sorted at one end. Didn't get time to correct the roof.  I don't think any one noticed the ends were different and had no running numbers. Pulled the sound chip due to Eddies feedback controllers. It ran a few times but it would need the driver at the time to comment on it's capabilities.

Good to hear about your mum.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

The loco in question is providing the motive power for the down run in those videos: it's a very smooth runner indeed and will look the part once it's dirtied-up a bit!

Now that I've figured out the focal length for the tiny camera I think the next job are some run-by videos from various vantage points on Blackgill...

Arp

• Like 1

Now that I've figured out the focal length for the tiny camera I think the next job are some run-by videos from various vantage points on Blackgill...

A 101 cab mask or dummy spectacle plate for the next run thoughts might be worth playing about with. If nothing else it'll hide all the crap that's going on around the periphery.

• 10 months later...

...Blackgill is once again on the road (or at least it will be by 4pm this afternoon)...this time its a short trip down the A19 to Hartlepool for this weekends show...look out for the 2 iron ore trains passing each other on the bank...its like a festival of 9Fs!

• Like 1

Blackbills on the road again,

moving ore and coal again.

Blackbills operators frown

If the ores derail.

Tyne Dock>Consett lives again,

up and down the banks again

Come and see the trains run through

the North East countryside.

(With apologies to Manfred Mann)

Canned Heat to follow.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

A poor quality video shot with a video cube that I didn't know how to work. It shows a partial run through of Blackgills back passage. The stop start nature of the video was down to some electrical gremlins that always seem to turn up on the weekend of an exhibition.

The back passage is used to get loaded and empty bogie bolsters unseen between fiddle yards before they run through on the scenic section.

I'm sure Arpster will be along sometime over the next few days with a couple of links to some half decent video which he shot over last weekend.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Interesting video Porcy, I always like to see the nether regions of a layout.

Did I spot an ECM Rambler controller on the rear panel?  I haven't seen one of them for donkeys years.

Thanks, Dave.

...if the cube was attached to your Hornby Sentinel chassis Pursee I suspect the wonky donky effect was more to do with its inability to pick up the juice...it did the same thing on the mainline...you got that video with my motivational fat fingers following it down the hill?

...very interesting video all the same, and an insight into how Blackgill is operated...the colliery exchange sidings and the loco shed have their own controllers (as spotted by DLT)...so away from the mainline you can shunt around all day...so long as you follow the timetable.

The little cube ain't half bad, is it? An interesting perspective on the back passage and the trials and tribulations of operating Blackgill.

Aye, the old ECM Ramblers (two of them!) are still going strong. As Axlebox points out, you can drive the colliery sidings happily all day long, until you need to come out onto the mainline... The same goes for the MPD/goods yard on the other side. The Ramblers are essential to stop us getting in each other's way quite as much as we might otherwise do. They were probably modern technology when construction on Blackgill first began!

You read my mind, Porcy: here's an attempt at cobbling together the video I managed to get over the weekend (the Clayton features quite heavily, but that's because it was running around as a test engine!) into something vaguely watchable. Sit down with a cuppa and enjoy 12 minutes of Blackgill!

https://vimeo.com/240053963

[media]

[/media]

Bung it on full screen!

Arp

Edited by Arpster
  • Like 13