Blackgill: Tyne Dock to Consett in P4

Arpster

Yes, you're snapping skills are improving lad.

Last set of photos from the Glasgow exhibition, then we can get back to discussing Porcy's film-making skills.

More creeping dieselisation: a (slightly blurred) new Clayton struggles up the hill with a train of steel plate wagons. Someone appears to have forgotten to unload them at Wallsend. I blame Porcy.

My head support is wide enough to shoulder the blame for every bodies misdemeanors but before apportioning guilt perhaps we should look at the evidence.

Exhibit 1 (Aforementioned Video)  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/6450-blackgill-tyne-dock-to-consett-in-p4/page-11&do=findComment&comment=2233518

M'lud: The self same Clayton hauled "loaded" train that appears in Arpsters "Snap" can also be seen at the start of the video in the above link. The simple fact that Porcy's cinematic device used to record the incident from the road overbridge adjacent to Blackgill MPD, was being operated by Porcy at the time, proves with absolute conclusivity and beyond any intimation of doubt or uncertainty, that the accused was incumbent in the Consett (otherwise known as "A") fiddle yard at the time.

This simple fact alone proves that he, in no way could have been responsible for the shunting, marshalling, loading/unloading and final dispatch of said and photographed train from the Tyne Dock Fiddle Yard, alias "B".

The only conclusion that can be drawn is that some other party incorrectly expedited the departure of the plate train before completing his tasks. A complete dereliction of duties.

I rest my case and will demand recompense for character assassination in due course.

While the rest of us are disintegrating.... Aye Porcy.

The nimbleness of youth is but a fleeting phase that withers and fades quicker than a spring blossom.

It will not be long before he joins those of us in that perigee of life when things begin to drop out and fall off.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

Oh Porcy,  As a well known filibuster you are so poetic....

Nothing to delay, so no filibustering. It is the Arpster whom is the budding politician. :mocking_mini:

See post 218.  

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
Guest Q663368

I have noticed many of the Q6's on this wonderful layout appear to have their front cab side windows filled in or plated over, similar to ARP. Is there a reason for this ?.

The only time I have seen the layout was at RailEx NE a few years ago when I arranged my UK visit specifically to see Blachgill, Fencehouses, Croft Depot and Mick Simpson's lovely 2mm FS layout all of which were at the same venue at the same time. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. Fortunately I took lots of video so I can relive the moment.

Could you please tell me if the layout is scheduled to appear at any exhibitions for late 2016 and 2017.

Kindest regards

Alan

• RMweb Gold

I have noticed many of the Q6's on this wonderful layout appear to have their front cab side windows filled in or plated over, similar to ARP. Is there a reason for this ?.

Kindest regards

Alan

I've never seen any plated over, it could be that the glass was filthy with the other sliding filthy window behind it.

Guest Q663368

I've never seen any plated over, it could be that the glass was filthy with the other sliding filthy window behind it.

Thanks Paul, I was wondering if this was in fact the case as 62024 and 65103 appear to be the same.

Kindest regards

Alan

Bit like this:

9178437166_5e0d11208f_c.jpgTrain 472 (63445) by Bruce Grime, on Flickr

and this,

8269702102_89a5758202_c.jpg1964: Ugly duckling by Nigel Kendall, on Flickr

and there's Aurthurs rather splendid pic that is the last one in this post:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/89572-q6-workhorse-of-the-ner-1960s-to-preservation/&do=findComment&comment=1563939

Arthurs pic shows well some of the bits Hornby forgot to add along with some thing's inherited from their scanning of 63395 that most of the q6's never had in their working lives.

Just for completness here's one of Hornby's K1.

2148485567_70cd10edb3_z.jpg?zz=1R0240 - North Blyth Shed by Bill Wright, on Flickr

HTH

P

• Like 7

Guest Q663368

Bit like this:

9178437166_5e0d11208f_c.jpgTrain 472 (63445) by Bruce Grime, on Flickr

and this,

8269702102_89a5758202_c.jpg1964: Ugly duckling by Nigel Kendall, on Flickr

and there's Aurthurs rather splendid pic that is the last one in this post:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/89572-q6-workhorse-of-the-ner-1960s-to-preservation/&do=findComment&comment=1563939

Arthurs pic shows well some of the bits Hornby forgot to add along with some thing's inherited from their scanning of 63395 that most of the q6's never had in their working lives.

Just for completness here's one of Hornby's K1.

2148485567_70cd10edb3_z.jpg?zz=1R0240 - North Blyth Shed by Bill Wright, on Flickr

HTH

P

Excellent, thanks for increasing my knowledge base P.

Kind regards

Alan

• Like 1

Guest Q663368

<<Could you please tell me if the layout is scheduled to appear at any exhibitions for late 2016 and 2017.>>

...Warley 2016 is its next outing...

Many thanks Duncan

Ugly duckling - pah!

Fortunately not my sentiment Ian but I did make my thoughts known on the relevant Flickr page some months ago. To me that photo epitomises what a day to day North East Mineral engine would have looked like.

Beauty personified.  :smile_mini2:

P

• Like 1

Many thanks Duncan

Eddie is currently working on a top secret project which could possibly involve a certain train going up the hill at the same time as a certain train comes down the hill...can't say more than this except the timetable is being re-written to include this in time for Warley...not even sure Arp knows hes re-writing the timetable yet...and considering the  last one was written in the pub over 2 days...I'm not complaining...

A

Eddie is currently working on a top secret project which could possibly involve a certain train going up the hill at the same time as a certain train comes down the hill...can't say more than this except the timetable is being re-written to include this in time for Warley...not even sure Arp knows hes re-writing the timetable yet...and considering the  last one was written in the pub over 2 days...I'm not complaining...

A

Rope haulage……?

• Like 1

Guest Q663368

Eddie is currently working on a top secret project which could possibly involve a certain train going up the hill at the same time as a certain train comes down the hill...can't say more than this except the timetable is being re-written to include this in time for Warley...not even sure Arp knows hes re-writing the timetable yet...and considering the last one was written in the pub over 2 days...I'm not complaining...

A

No doubt there will be lots of helpers to re-write the timetable given the location. I will be present in spirit wherever you are. But remember, we do not want any repetition of St. Trinians, with the up train going down on the up line and the down train going up on the down line, or whatever, and no bankers pushing downhill.

Better give "P" a Lineside Permit so he can video the event for the Inspectorate .

Edited by Q663368
  • Like 1

A

Hope it's double track

The last I heard, the aforementioned 'Top Secret Project' is on track (pardon the pun) to be completed in time for Warley. When are we going to spend another afternoon in the pub shuffling little bits of paper around, Axlebox?

Arp

• 2 weeks later...

Arp

I never realised timetabling could be so entertaining...anytime your free is OK with me...and if you get chance to nip down the Brandling Villa today, they have Wild Beer's "Millionaire" on draught...a milk stout with salted caramel + chocolate...very smooth but not too heavy.  Poursee would love it.

• 4 months later...

The Blackgill team had a fun, if exhausting, weekend at the NEC operating with a skeleton crew and a new timetable. I think we all enjoyed ourselves though, and had a fun night out in Sutton Coldfield (complete with three live bands). There wasn't a lot of time to take photos of the layout but I did manage to mount my miniature camera on a Lowmac and send it up and down the layout on the front of a couple of trains. The results aren't too bad and give a new perspective on Blackgill (and a glimpse into the calibre of its exhibition operators...)

https://vimeo.com/194810405 - a ride down the hill on a steel train passing a 9F-hauled iron ore on the way.

https://vimeo.com/194818252 - a cab ride up the bank on a Sulzer Type 2.

Enjoy!

Arp

• Like 13