Sandy station - new signals

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday afternoon found me waiting for a northbound train at Sandy station, where the platforms have recently been extended to accomodate 12-car trains.

This has included moving the signals at the south end which control the Up Slow to Up Fast crossover further south, and these new signals of minimalist design have appeared:

post-31-0-94750700-1353365010.jpg

I've never seen signals quite like this before, and would think modelling them to scale might be challenging! The one in the middle (Up Fast) is a 4-aspect and when it displayed double yellow, the two yellow aspects were surprisingly close to each other.

New Banner Repeaters have appeared for these signals at the north end of the station; none were provided previously so I guess there must have been sighting issues due to the curve with the new signals being slightly further south. Although I wasn't able to photograph the faces of them, these seem to be pretty minimalist as well:

post-31-0-92405200-1353365359.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I've never seen signals quite like this before, and would think modelling them to scale might be challenging! The one in the middle (Up Fast) is a 4-aspect and when it displayed double yellow, the two yellow aspects were surprisingly close to each other.

You need to venture into other parts of the forum :)

New Banner Repeaters have appeared for these signals at the north end of the station; none were provided previously so I guess there must have been sighting issues due to the curve with the new signals being slightly further south. Although I wasn't able to photograph the faces of them, these seem to be pretty minimalist as well:

Routing banners by the looks too, they will look like a conventional banner from the front but be flat to the sides.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the pointer - most interesting! I'm afraid there are so many sections on here these days I don't have time to visit them all. I had seen the similar signals at Pelaw as it happens, and I guess the ones on Ely-Norwich may well be similar although when I last went along there a few months ago, they were still covered over. I don't know whether any of those would be 4-aspects, though.

• RMweb Gold

and I guess the ones on Ely-Norwich may well be similar although when I last went along there a few months ago, they were still covered over. I don't know whether any of those would be 4-aspects, though.

Ely - East Harling (exclusive) is in use, East Harling - Norwich supposedly gets commissioned in a couple of weeks but there's a lot of work still to do. Mostly 2-aspect, with an odd 3-aspect.

Archived