Welshpool & LLanfair Sheep wagon

hayfield

Please does anyone know who makes a Welshpool & LLanfair Sheep wagon in &mm scale, or where I can get a plan from. I have had a seatch on the web but no real luck with makers etc

Love the look of them, dont mind building one but if a kit is available all the better

Thanks in advance

• RMweb Premium

Please does anyone know who makes a Welshpool & LLanfair Sheep wagon in &mm scale, or where I can get a plan from. I have had a seatch on the web but no real luck with makers etc

Love the look of them, dont mind building one but if a kit is available all the better

Thanks in advance

If anyone does them it would be Dorset Kits:

8 Southwood Road

Ferndown

Dorset BH22 9HN

01202 875570

Thanks in advance

Dorset Kits do one in brass, in fact I believe Kevin does 5 and 6 plank versions. I do one in resin which sits on a Parkside 4mm underframe with cosmetic sole bars to hide it. The Dorset Kits one will be the most accurate, having an etched under frame with correct axleboxes, mine is the original(in that it was the first kit marketed by the original owner) Port Wynnstay Models kit from the early 1990's, but is very quick to assemble. I believe there is a picture of mine on the EDM website on the Port Wynnstay pages

Phil Traxson

Port Wynnstay Models

• RMweb Premium

John - you won't find much about Dorset Kits on the web but look out for pictures of Bridport and Charmouth from David Taylor as he had a couple of sheep wagons on his layout at Warley this weekend - in fact you can see these in the first few shots on the Bridport pages

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/44518-pictures-of-charmouth/

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/1956-pictures-of-bridport-town/

Mike

Archived