Reading O gauge trade show 2012

cromptonnut

Any pics of heljans wezzie MK2 ?

Golden Age models Merchant looks lovely. I wish they would update there web page though. Ive been a fan of there since I owned one of there A4s. Yes I did sell it, needs must at the time but I will have one of there Duchess when they come out.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Kenton,

I know what you mean, I nearly missed it myself! It was bit of a scrum when I went in, as I wasn't particularly in the market for anything I just had a cursory glance. They did have some nice station buildings.

Afraid I didn't take my camera but the Tower Model sstand had a Western and 31 "prototype" on display and although my knowledge of both isn't detailed enough, and I didn't have a ruler, to be able to tell how accurate they were to the standards that models are usually dissected on here, to my eye they looked the part. The Western is outside my time period but I may have a bit of a job resisting a 31. I'll try and be strong though...

One interesting discovery at the show was POWSides doing a St Ivel branded milk tanker ... I happened to have picked up a St Ivel branded milk float a while back which I was going to rebrand to match my dairy but it seems that at some point the dairy at Chard Junction (which I'm basing my layout's scenario around) was owned by St Ivel so it's just possible that I have found a solution...

Enjoyed the show and spent some money, with Dock Green in mind.

Bought the Gladiator J6 kit that I went for and...

Couldn't resist an Ixion RTR Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST - in brass - a little gem!

also an ABS (ex-Commercial Classics) AEC Monarch flatbed - in resin and whitemetal

and an ABC 30:1 gearbox with a Maxon motor for the J6

and to keep my other interest alive, an American "Narrow Gauge Annual". A bit expensive for a softback, but packed with good stuff.

Wallet now seriously depleted.

I will post details of the J6 later here...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64929-7mm-j6-build/page__fromsearch__1

Chaz

Archived