Bromley North

BR(S)

BR(S),

I enjoyed your layout.

If you are interested I visited Addiscombe in 95 & 97 and took loads of pics, including inside the closed carriage shed. As I work for the Railway many of these are trackside. 

Let me know if they would help.

Cheers.

If you'd like to post some in this thread I'd appreciate it (and I'm sure many others would like to see them!).  I'm using this as a planning thread for Addiscombe for now, so all research material is welcome.   

Yep, I'll start another thread on RMweb. 

It's 99% likely to be Addiscombe with just one platform showing on the edge of the baseboard, the sidings with SR carriage shed (scratchbuilt) and a fictional part will be a working turntable left over from steam days, with storage for three locos that will work the Willesden Junction services that I'll continue with.  I've always wanted to install and operate a turntable. 

However, this is all unlikely to be happening any time soon, especially with summer approaching, when I tend to do a lot less railway modelling.

Addiscombe would look great. The only slight problem is someone has already built a layout based on Addiscombe, but that layout wasn't up to the standard of Bromley North. If you want a link to it:

http://www.emgs.org/picture/expoem-may-2012/288-img-9012.html

(P.S. if possible, add in an unelectrified track like you did with Bromley North, as that looked great.)

Addiscombe would look great. The only slight problem is someone has already built a layout based on Addiscombe, but that layout wasn't up to the standard of Bromley North. If you want a link to it:

http://www.emgs.org/picture/expoem-may-2012/288-img-9012.html

(P.S. if possible, add in an unelectrified track like you did with Bromley North, as that looked great.)

Sorry to take you to task there; Bromley is very well done but Addiston South most definitely is up to the standard of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK877Lc3VTU

First time I've ever heard of Addiston South and it is an excellent layout.  For anyone interested in SR layouts, Paul Burkitt Gray has lots on his YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL99A7F1A18A7E9EAA

Addiston South won't put me off doing my own version of Addiscombe; it'll be a good illustration of how two people can model the same subject and approach it in different ways.  The station won't be a focal point for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

BR(S),

A few pics for your interest.

Inside of EMU shed:

post-1373-0-15218800-1402171785_thumb.jpg

Looking from station to London:

post-1373-0-87130300-1402171814_thumb.jpg

Front of EMU shed:

post-1373-0-34523300-1402171840_thumb.jpg

Looking towards the station, EMU depot to left:

post-1373-0-48719500-1402171879_thumb.jpg

Pointwork heading to the EMU shed:

post-1373-0-54585600-1402171908_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Many thanks to Paul (Lyddrail) for some excellent shots.  That one of the front of the shed building is particularly useful.  Nice to see all the NSE bits and the SR ground position signal.  Overgrowth-wise, my layout will be modelled just as that was all starting to take over and the end of the line was approaching.

Bob,

The pics are dated if you hover over them, but first 3 are 15/06/1995, last 2 are 24/04/1997. By 1997 they were only using one line.

Cheers.

Many thanks Paul - Very Interesting pics.

Cheers, Bob.

• 4 months later...

I haven't visited this thread for a while (shame on me). Congratulations on an epic inspirational layout and here's to the next one. Can't wait! Pete.

Archived