Brick or stone platforms?

Hi

I am about to build platforms and im might use the new Metcalfe Brunel station building (which looks brilliant by the way) or maybe a brick building. So the question is do i build stone platforms or brick platforms. I was going to use brick platforms and maybe a stone building but wasnt sure if that would look correct. I would have thought you could have a stone building and brick platforms because the platform faces might have been rebuilt at some point in their lives. Can anyone help with this. I have never seen a pic of a stone building and brick platforms so if anyone can point me in the correct direction that would be great.

Thanks

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Many examples exist of stone station buildings above brick-faced platforms. Brick has probably been used to face far more platforms than stone meaning almost where ever you are in the country - provided there was a supply of bricks available locally or brought in - you could build your platforms that way. It might not be as cost-effective to build the station itself the same way or in some cases local stone would have been used to ensure the building blended in to the location. Distinctive stone such as is found at Bradford-on-Avon and some other locations is a case in point.

Archived