Siting of Speaker

drewn

I',ve just bought a soundchip and it would appear that the siting of the speaker will have to be in the fuel tanks. SMALL POINT - how on earth do you remove the fuel tanks?

It's a Bachmann class 37 by the way

DREW

Hi Drew

Welcome to the world of sound. The options on fitting a a speaker will depend on which version of the Bach 37 chassis you have, which model is it ? Later ones have a recess on the top of the chassis in which a 40x20 oblong speaker will fit. To fit a speaker in the fuel tanks, you have to strip the chassis down to remove the chassis base plate/tank assy. Have a look at this for ideas etc

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/34482-bass-reflex-speakers-now-updated/

HTH

Ken

If fitting the speaker on the chassis,I dismantle the fan components and then use a spot of super glue on the fans and fasten them under the grill looks better than what Bachmann do on their sound fitted locos [they leave the fans off but do enclose them in the detailing packet,by discarding the fan housing gives a valuable 1/4 inch extra space

Thanks for all the info guys. I,ve sited the 40x20 speaker in the fuel tanks. All appears to be well

I managed to do the work without disconnecting any of the existing wiring although one wire to a marker light became detached - small solder repair there!

10 small holes in the bottom allows ample sound levels

Drew

Archived