Dcc sound Zimo engine rev.

BR_Blue_1986

Hi. According to my data sheet supplied for my 57 by digitrains, f7 increases the revs.. It just makes a clap noise. Is there anyway of assigning a function to increase the revs (thrash effect) it does have an idle/coasting button which is handy, but I want to give it some good rev increases when I want to, not when the chips it to.

Edd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. According to my data sheet supplied for my 57 by digitrains, f7 increases the revs.. It just makes a clap noise. Is there anyway of assigning a function to increase the revs (thrash effect) it does have an idle/coasting button which is handy, but I want to give it some good rev increases when I want to, not when the chips it to.

Suggest you check with Digitrains, particularly what the "clap" noise might be. 

However, it is my understanding of Zimo sound structures that there is no "notch up" command available, the engine noise threshold is tied to the locomotive reaching a certain running speed. (There is a "drop down" option, either dropping one sound slot, or dropping to idle).  There may be ways to work around the limitation, by adjusting the speed curve or motor speeds to make the loco hit the higher engine thrash sounds at lower running speeds, but this isn't quite what you have asked for.

The "manual drive" option which Paul has produced on some projects is a way round this lack of a diesel-electric notch structure inside Zimo.  Essentially, the loco has no sounds (plays silence) tied to loco speed of movement, and the user selects which of several loco motor noises to play with function keys.   But it requires the sound chip to be written with that capability within it; an end user can't add it to a chip without reprogramming all the sounds on the chip (which in turn requires access to the sound source files).  

- Nigel 

Edd

Several people have mentioned this recently.

I spoke to Jeremy at Digitrains last Friday. The fuctions do not match the list provided because he inadvertantly loaded an older version onto a few decoders recently.

The F7 rev up mentioned, is actually an increase in engine speed to increase the speed of the compressor which is a feature of the real locos, but can also be used as you intend, to give a short 'rev-up'.

I would be possible to reassign the sounds, but that particular sound is not loaded onto the decoder so it's not available.

I will be providing Digitrains with a new, Multi-Drive, version soon.

Yo have the option of returning the decoder to Digitrains now, for them to load the correct version of the project, or report the pproblem to them, then wait a litle while until the new version is completed.

The new version will have all the latest features. I'm not sure about manual notching yet, but there will be the chance to get high revs at low speed one way or another.

Kind regards,

Paul

Archived