Lincoln St Marks re-work OO Gauge Layout Project

steadtheimp

Hi Adam,

Just been into my garage and got out two signs that I was lucky to get when I was a small boy. Back in the 80's, I lived in Saxilby just outside Lincoln and upon closure of Lincoln St Marks, I wrote to the council (with the help of my parents) and obtained permission to acquire a few signs from the station before it became the site it is today. Here are a couple of photos.

The first was cut from one of the station lamps.

attachicon.gifP1010002.JPG

The second is one of the trespassing signs. It's a sign of the times as the penalty was £25 back then!!!

attachicon.gifP1010004.JPG

I used to have a Platform One sign but it mysteriously went missing in a house move to France....

Best regards,

Jeremy

Nice one jez would love to have something like that for the where the layout is would look gr8 on the wall shame u lost the other one when you moved to France tho would of been good to see that one.

Bye for now

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Adam

Looks like your plans are comimg along fine and hopefully your about to get your first boards down.

Great news about the job, that will be a great help but you will have less time for modelling. Lifes balancing act.

Yeah that's true m8, I'm looking at getting all the boards at the sametime, because the handy man at my old work place said he can get me them at trade price and he will help me put them together, then I've just got to get the track but for now I'm thinking of putting two tracks down temporary, because as yet not been able to do that just till I can get my point work then I can start to get the ball rolling.

Bye for now

Adam

After watching some video's on youtube today it got me thinking about some things I could do with my sidings/shed area, as I've said in a post before I'm thinking of putting the TDM at the top of the layout on the inside of the track's coming down to the inside of the boards.

But the other thing I've been thinking of is putting the scrap sidings on that are now at great northern terrace aswell as the two tracks that are still there, I can then use them for putting wagons in while waiting for scrap to be loaded in, which will give me more scope for running trains through the station aswell.

So let me know what you think to this any andvice will be welcome.

Bye for now

Adam

After watching some video's on youtube today it got me thinking about some things I could do with my sidings/shed area, as I've said in a post before I'm thinking of putting the TDM at the top of the layout on the inside of the track's coming down to the inside of the boards.

But the other thing I've been thinking of is putting the scrap sidings on that are now at great northern terrace aswell as the two tracks that are still there, I can then use them for putting wagons in while waiting for scrap to be loaded in, which will give me more scope for running trains through the station aswell.

So let me know what you think to this any andvice will be welcome.

Bye for now

Adam

Adam, sounds like a good idea with the extra siddings at Gt Northern Terrace, any extra track you can use to have trains ready to run whilst operating as got to be good thing

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam

Are you managing to keep things moving forward at St Marks  :declare:

Not as yet billy bit of a stand still at the mo yet again but got a week off this next week starting Monday going to Sheldon for the great goodbye as i missed the chance to goto York to see them cant wait to see the A4's, but back to the layout defiantly putting what became the TDM at great northern terrace and the scrap sidings that are there now i was trying to put them on the layout with anyrail but gave up in the end but i will have another go at some point as for boards not got them yet had a big unexpected big bill come through this month with needed paying asap but I'm hoping to get the money together this next week then hopefully get them asap to get started aswell as getting track at the same time, i keep an eye on your layout, hope u get things sorted with the trouble your having with track.

bye for now

Adam

Not as yet billy bit of a stand still at the mo yet again but got a week off this next week starting Monday going to Sheldon for the great goodbye as i missed the chance to goto York to see them cant wait to see the A4's, but back to the layout defiantly putting what became the TDM at great northern terrace and the scrap sidings that are there now i was trying to put them on the layout with anyrail but gave up in the end but i will have another go at some point as for boards not got them yet had a big unexpected big bill come through this month with needed paying asap but I'm hoping to get the money together this next week then hopefully get them asap to get started aswell as getting track at the same time, i keep an eye on your layout, hope u get things sorted with the trouble your having with track.

bye for now

Adam

Wish I was going down to Sheldon, I forgot all about it, I've just had a week off and can't afford any more time away this month.

Have a good time.

• 3 weeks later...

Well still not got my boards but started gettin my point work as i need around 9 left hand and 8 right hand aswell as 2 3-way points so I'm going to by ether 2 or 4 a time and I've also added another train to my collection which is a BR blue class 50 but almost got a class 25 instead tho but it had the old BR logo instead of the new one that i have on the 50 (even tho they are now both old lol) but I'll wait for abit before i get one because i was to get 2 of them for double heading as the did in Lincoln.

Bye for now

Adam

Archived