4mm and 7mm model musings

4mm scale LMS D1686 Period I non-corridor Lavatory Composite coach as used in Inter-District sets...
post-6680-0-02631700-1357903211.jpg

LMS D1790 Period II non-corridor push & pull Driving Trailer Brake Third...
post-6680-0-03502000-1357903213.jpg

Midland Railway D1252 56' 6" Corridor Third built in 1922 with recessed door handles. Rod and queenpost trussing and 'Heavy' 8' w.b. bogies. Just apparent in the photo is the prototypical upward bow of the body. Unintentional but for some reason that is how the etch arrived. I cannot bow the roof to match however...!
post-6680-0-65872300-1357903214.jpg

It might be interesting etching a coach in 7mm scale for a change.

great work as usual Coachman, I'm sure that it won't be long before you are up with us 7mm boyos

regards

Mike

Thanks. My mind has been on the 7mm game. The problem has arisen of forming a loop in the garden back into the shed at the "Yorkshire" end. In 4mm it had to be 3' radius because of the proximity of other things. It is occupying thoughts at the minute!

My first post for a long time!

As mention has been made of the lack of 4mm models on this thread I thought I would add a few of my own recent projects.  The two LNER horseboxes were built form the Parkside Dundas kit and have Masokits sprung running gear and Ultrascale wheels.  The BR livery vehicle was painted using a Halfords 'rattle can' - Vauxhall Carmine Red - and the LNER liveried vehicle was painted using a very old can from Precision Paints.  I have had this tin for over thirty years and bought it from Howes Model Shop in Broad Street, Oxford in the late 1970s - the can had been unopened and when I came to use it the paint was in perfect condition.  Is this a record?

Gerry

post-2249-0-59288500-1358038211_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Thanks Martyn,

I did a WEP Fruit D back in the autumn of 2011. Great kit to build.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

I've build this as the BR variation of the GWR Fruit D, hence the light switch on the end. I think I have the wrong type of vacuum pipe though.

Hi

Great model. I am with you on thinking black ends but it seems most people think red ends. Any comment?

Hi

Great model. I am with you on thinking black ends but it seems most people think red ends. Any comment?

Thanks.

With regards to the black ends I think I must have found a reference to them somewhere. I can't remember exactly and I have since moved my modelling to post was GWR.

Archived